Near Miss *
Event or series of events which could have resulted in DAMAGES;
Personal & or property
an unsafe condition or unsafe action when coming together
may result into
The only difference between a near miss and an injury/accident
LUCK AND WARNING TO THAT PERSON
* Warning Message!
* Near misses are warnings that something or someone is not
performing the job correctly.
* Always pay attention to near misses.
* Don’t let near misses repeat themselves or you may find
yourself or a co-worker being treated for an injury that could
have been avoided
Incident Ratio Model – Heinrich’s Theory
*To prevent serious injury, avoid unsafe
acts/conditions at site
*It will lower the ratio of near miss
*Ultimately reducing minor injuries and serious
Serious Injury or Death
Unsafe Acts, Behaviors or Conditions
Near misses are injuries without people.
Near misses are not funny; they are often
Always report a near miss
Take immediate action to prevent a similar
If you did not cause a near miss but saw it,
discuss it with those involved and your team,
Obey safety rules and you will decrease the
number of near misses around you.
To prevent future
* Unsafe act/ condition may result into ?
* What is warning massage of near miss ?
* Incident Ratio Model – Heinrich’s Theory
* How to prevent reoccurrence ?