Campaign of fight against AIDS Fuck You SIDA! XXVII - AGOSTO - 2010 Creative Director: Diego Otero Rodríguez Account Director: Tino López Freixas Person in charge for the client: Antonio Guirado
1. Background The AIDS era officially began on June 5, 1981, when San Francisco discovered five cases of the disease. AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) is a disease that affects humans infected by HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) . It is said that a person has AIDS when his body due to the immunosuppression caused by the virus is not capable of providing an adequate immune response against infections that afflict humans. It also ensures that this infection is irreversible.
2. Issues / Briefing: Lesbian Coordinator Gai de Catalunya, commissioned the design of a single piece graphic distribute local 'environment' of predominantly young field. To reiterate the need to continue using a condom during sexual risk and alarmed by the negative statistics about the increase of AIDS and the establishment of passivity or 'passivity' current condom use. Most of the alarms is a resurgence of AIDS in Spain: at present, are infected eight people a day in our country. This new wave does not respond to a single reason, rather due to a very complex combination of factors, such as new disease mutations, the lowest social and administrative pressure on their risks, and the general perception that AIDS and 'not kill', among others. This is reflected in the press: • Confidence makes treatments for the disease grows • The new faces of VIH • Grows the spread of AIDS by the lack of caution among young people • Aids reaches 40 millons infected • 40% of cases are detected too late
3. Coordinator Gay Lesbian Coordinator of Catalonia has more than twenty years in the fight for the values and rights of 'their' community [the largest group: gay or LGBT community], working on HIV prevention , for example, and therefore seeks to educate the young group as part of the solution of the problem, both individual and collective level. Public institutions and health report that the gay community is one of the most vulnerable. According to the CEESCAT in 2008, the 55.85% of new infections occurred among gay and bisexual men. CAMPAIGN TO COMBAT AIDS most trangresive The CGL and ache, Healthcare Communications Agency launched the prevention and awareness campaign targeting young homosexual. The campaign has a reason: to remember the need to continue using a condom during sexual intercourse of risk to the alarm triggered by the negative statistics about the increased transmission of HIV and the finding of lack of risk perception among young people.
4. Considerations AIDS is BAD: does not respect age or sex, or religion or social class. It is aggressive, virulent and rude. A problem as complex, full of edges that interpret and assorted factors neutralize deserves a simple answer, direct and forceful. Therefore, we will try to AIDS as it deserves, giving a good dose of his own medicine.
5. Proposal/Solution CONTRASTRATEGY: instead of performing a single weak graphic piece ... expanded pre-established diffusion, adding channels or media and applying the message in a true 360 º sweep. To do this, we devised a universal concept that encompasses a campaign strong and long-distance integral prevention / awareness governed under a single sentence that reads our greatest desire to illness: FUCK YOU AIDS! This and only this: hating him and wishing him the worst thing we know to use condoms every time you have unsafe sex and create new habits of use that will cause much damage to the disease.
5. Proposal/Solution 2 A comprehensive campaign based on a univocal concept and a powerful Visual Key went public both homosexual and heterosexual and health professionals to Communion if they detect any signs of possible risk of contagion, the spread and outside the scope homosexual led to the establishment heterosexuals. The Campaign works on two very different channels: the distribution of free condoms at the individual level in different areas of the entertainment community and the collective level implicative a viral video that highlights our sense of community and reinforce the collective commitment the same. Spreading it further in the new channels of communication that gives us as a possibility today's technology. For example, over the Internet by way of banners, viralización in social networks, virals spots, radio spots, graphic urban and guerrilla marketing, corporeal, displays and posters.
It means exactly that: shit to HIV. Rather, to prevent its transmission. Because if at the time of intercourse between men ALWAYS use condoms, AIDS will kill and other sexually transmitted diseases. Therefore, FUCK YOU AIDS!
6. Parts Index <ul><li>Open Letter to AIDS (the press and institutions) </li></ul><ul><li>B) 25,000 units condom Kit </li></ul><ul><li>C) 5000 Free Postal units </li></ul><ul><li>D) 5,000 units Stickers </li></ul><ul><li>E) 50 units Poster, A4 size </li></ul><ul><li>F) 5 Concept Display </li></ul><ul><li>G) 1 Spot viral, 50 seconds long </li></ul><ul><li>H) a basic Microsite: www.fuckyousida.com </li></ul><ul><li>Sold stock in late December week in </li></ul><ul><li>the local 5 most representative </li></ul><ul><li>environment! </li></ul>
Viral spot 50” Cliente: GL Barcelona Pieza: Viral Spot Tiempo: 50” Nombre: Fuck You Sida! Synopsis: The piece has a visual in-crescendo, length n of the planes of more sa less. Softness in the acting at first to be gaining aggressiveness towards the end and cut into editing n. The film achieves a rapid pace, to finish high with a thud. OFF Loc: Fuck You AIDS! Means that: AIDS screw us. For if when we keep relationships of condom use, give death to AIDS and other diseases. Loc OFF: To you, who have screwed us for so many years, to crush us all: young, old, women, men, heterosexuals and homosexuals. To you, being abominable ... We say to you:
7. Acceptance campaign Two months after launching the campaign of prevention, awareness of HIV among young gay people, and gained the wide acceptance so quickly retake the pulse of the same to ensure greater success, better visibility and, obviously, to end to create the foundations of a safer sex among young men.
8. Outreach Campaign The campaign has surpassed all expectations in dissemination and visibility throughout the entire world: • News broadcast in over 32 countries and many languages and cities, the most emblematic: Brazil, France, Russia, Japan, China, Arab, San Francisco, Paris ... • Google search results, gives 85 300 results • 15/03/2010 15 928 to day 849 + views on youtube in vimeo • Many of these sites are of transcendental importance, namely: The guest Foundation Clarin (the largest newspaper in Argentina), Revista Strategies, AssociatedPress, LatinSpots, Facebook, Inforgay, Digg, Twitter, Periodistes.org, PRSalud, among others. • And with comments like, 'mola !!!', as' very good video', 'really good', 'excellent!', 'Isso mesmo' (Italian), etc.
9. Results The campaign managed to get institutional support from public bodies,'s Health Department of the Generalitat of Catalonia signed the pieces. The 25,000 units of 'anti-AIDS kits sex' printed the first exit to the street in 8 days it took just exhausted. For a second wave of the order of production was 175,000 units. Parallel to work on so-called traditional media such as Internet banners, posters, advertisements in newspapers, etc. The campaign took final value when it expanded to different non-conventional channels such as the presence on blogs, sharing material crews in nightlife as disks, presence in the parade of floats from gay pride march (Madrid and Barcelona) , viral components such as alternative spots hanging on youtube and other video sites, guerilla marketing and unique urban actions. In addition, marketing applied to new technologies, like social networks, the campaign shot incredible results: 358 000 visitors the first 15 days on the network. Since the campaign was sent to the various foundations and / or Spanish associations fighting against AIDS, have received letters of congratulations and support, in some cases and charges to the initiative.