11. DON’T OVERSELL. USE
• Overselling is selﬁsh and a turn oﬀ. It makes it all about you — when it
should be about them. And while it’s true that many people follow brands
and small businesses on Twi@er because they like to receive discounts and
hear about special oﬀers, no one wants a steady diet of that.
• One simple formula that works really well with regard to posCng on
Twi@er and all social media is:
• 50% Educate
• 20% Inspire
• 20% Sell
• 10% Keep it personal.
• Why? Because if you educate and inspire people, then you have a chance
of moCvaCng them, making a quality connecCon and eventually selling
them something you oﬀer that can help them. Share your opinions on
Global movies, trending topics, your personal opinions on professional
12. Direct Pitch – Yes or No?
• No! Not a great idea at all.
• Twi@er is to build relaConship.
• Direct Pitch only when they already know you!
• Direct Pitch when you observe an opportunity.
Once you connect, don’t immediately bombard them with pitches. Instead, read
their proﬁles, get to know them and iden<fy their needs.
When you’re ready to approach someone directly, do it privately.
“A pre-scheduled call is oCen a great tool, but even a private message or e-mail can
be a ﬁrst step where you speciﬁcally reference what you’ve learned about that
person through your interac<ons [on social media]. Then you don’t feel like a pushy
salesperson but rather a friend with a speciﬁc solu<on.” – Forbes!
13. AcCvate Listening
Brand Based Listening
• Ramco Systems.
• Product Names: Example:
CompeCtor Based Listening
• List down compeCtors.
• List down compeCtor products.
• Observe @YourCompeCtor for direct
queries raised to them.
• Observe #YourCompeCtorCS
Industry Based Listening
• Relevant hashtags.
Need Based Listening / Buying Signals
• ‘anyone recommend’ or ‘any advice on’
with suﬃxes to idenCfy those looking for
14. Use Quora to IdenCfy PotenCal
• Your prospects might raise
quesCons on Quora if not
• IdenCfy them, answer their
• Map them on Twi@er.
• Remind them of the
answer you made.
• Ask them more quesCons.
15. Promote Your Twi@er Presence
• Through your email signature.
• Through your business card.
• Through your presentaCons.
• At the expo.
• At a conference.
• In the Collaterals.
• In the blogs wri@en by you.
• Cross Channels (Facebook,
1. echoVME will measure the twi@er proﬁles aker 7
days in terms of
- Following (Relevance)
- Followers Acquired (Relevance)
- Tweet AcCvity (including likes/retweets)
2. echoVME will publish a leaderboard based on the
same – Ramco Tweet Champs.
3. The Top 3 Tweet Champs would be awarded special