Elle focus – 1주일정도에 한번씩 패션이나 뷰티정보를 제공하거나 스타인터뷰를 정보지 형식으로 제공 .페이스북에 간단한 정보소개 후 엘르 공식홈페이지로 연동하여 게시글 읽는 방식으로 Elle today – 하루에 한번 정도 페친들에게 일상을 묻거나 간단한 정보제공 Elle today special – 이벤트 페이스북에서만 Elle online event – 이벤트 홈페이지에서 진행하는 것 알리기 Elle recommends – 제품추천 & 이벤트를 통해 그 제품 증정 Elle try it – 뷰테체험기/페이스북 이벤트 페이지 활용 Elle live – 에디터들의 일상적인 이야기 Ask julia/julia’s answer- 질문.답 편집장 Eliea bolgger – 엘르 블로거
[New media] Facebook case analysis "ELLE"
NEW MEDIA ADVERTISING
SOCIAL MEDIA PROJECT
Table of Contents
ELLE’s SWOT & Insight
Recommendation for ELLE
ELLE MAGAZINE IS…
Elle is a worldwide lifestyle magazine of French origin
that focuses on fashion, beauty, health, and
entertainment. Elle is also the world's best selling
fashion magazine. It was founded by Pierre Lazareff and
his wife Hélène Gordon in 1945. The title, in French,
Elle Editorial Concept
ELLE’s fashion & beauty section, produced by top editors,
photographers, and stylists in their fields, are renowned
as guides in providing readers with inspiring and credible
shopping information. ELLE’s enriched contents lead
readers to reasonable shopping and give them a right to
choose the best items. Through refined design renovation,
ELLE delivers the most premium quality visuals to readers.
• Elle was founded in France in 1945. In the 1960s, it was considered to "not so much reflect fashion as decree it", with
800,000 loyal readers and a then famous slogan: "Si elle lit elle lit Elle (If she reads, she reads Elle)".
• In 1981, Daniel Filipacchi and Jean-Luc Lagardère purchased Hachette magazines, which included the then-struggling
Elle. Elle was then launched in the U.S. (News Corporation owned a stake in the US edition until 1988, followed by 25
other foreign editions.
• Today, it is the world’s largest fashion magazine, with 43 international editions in over 60 countries. Technologically
speaking, the Elle brand is a global network encompassing over 33 websites.
• The vast majority (82 percent) of Elle's audience are women between the ages of 18 and 49. Elle readers have a
median age of 34.7 years. Forty percent of readers are single.
• ELLE fanpage was opened Feb. 01. 2011. It post many contents about fashion & beauty for its readers. July.2013, ELLE
fanpage reached 10,000 likes. Then, Sep.2013, ELLE fanpage reached 20,000 likes. Finally, Oct.2013, : ELLE fanpage
reached 30,000 likes.
• In previous 6 months, Elle fanpage posts 2 or more than contents daily.
• Elle fanpage posts many kinds of contents : Videos, Photos and Texts. Also, its tone is usually informal type.
• Elle fanpage categorizes its contents into 9 types like Elle focus, Elle today, Elle online event, Elle try it, Elle live, Elle
today special, Ask Julia / Julia’s answer, Elle recommend and Ellea blogger.
[ Elle fanpage has 9 sections but we can divided them into 3 categories. ]
Information offering : [Elle focus] , [Elle live], [Elle today] and [Ellea blogger]
Event : [Elle today Special], [Elle online event], [Elle recommend] and [Elle try it.]
Interaction : [Elle today] and [Ask Julia / Julia’s answer]
* [Elle today] this section have both information offering and interaction characteristic.
Many fans like information on Elle focus and share
records 17. Also, Elle fanpage responses frequently. Elle focus
give information about Fashion & Beauty or sometimes post
celebrities interview. It is fashion-conscious and useful for Elle’s
•This URL leads ELLE homepage for readers wants
to get more information about leopard designed
fashion items. ELLE readers have a median age of
34.7 years who are interested in fashion trend
This post offer ‘Hangul Festival’ information.
These days, Most of fanpages tell cultural art event so
many people receive variety cultural art event news.
However, when fanpages offer information like this
type , many of them are sponsored event that has
commercial purpose. On the other hand, ELLE posted a
meaningful ‘Hangul Festival’ explanation, so ELLE
fanpage performs platform of cultural news.
BAD : 86 people likes this post but the post of ‘Ellea
blogger’s is only one until now. Even though, Elle fanpage
said we are continuously upload article, there are no more
upload it. It may be lost trust by Elle fanpage readers. I
think it can be better to remove Ellea blogger section and
this post include into ‘Elle focus’ or ‘Elle live’.
GOOD : This Event recorded the most likes and share in
previous 6 months. Elle recommend usually upload once in a
week and mostly recommends beauty items. Especially, the end
of September that this event posted is period of dry weather, so
people need vibration cleanser to remove their dead skin cell.
Event timing was appropriate.
BAD : Although this bag called Jun Ji Hyun Bag is the ‘It bag’ girls
want to buy, event participation rate is lower than other events on
Elle fanpage because there are some procedure, register elle
homepage, login and enter number into event page to participate this
event. These days people dislike complex steps so this event is felt
tiresome by readers.
GOOD : This post increase likes number a short period of
time. Most girl love delicious dessert like chocolate, ice cream
and etc. so this Godiva chocolate ice cream is the dessert girls
very very wants. Also, Elle fanpage ask to readers ‘What kind
of dessert do you like?’. It cause to write many comments.
There are 4 event sections on page timeline. [Elle today Special], [Elle online event], [Elle recommend] and [Elle
try it.] However, these sections are grouped ambiguous standard, so readers confused which section is event. Also, it
makes to decrease readers attention.
GOOD : Between readers and fanpage manager,
comments interaction is really active. Most of people want
to communicate with their interest, ELLE’s information or
fanpage can be that. Also, active interaction be attracted to
reading ELLE’s timeline and motivate push like button to
GOOD : Chief Editor answer personally about Elle fanpage reader’s question is good way to interact consumers. People
want more professional answer and know-how, so Chief Editor Julia’s answers are benefits to readers.
BAD : However, julia’s answer was too late. It spends almost one month. One month is very long time in SNS world.
• Vouge fanpage started July.2011 and now it has
• Its fanpage has fewer enents than Elle and Ceci. It
mostly post Fashion and Beauty information.
• Ceci fanpage started Decenber.2011 and now it has
68.169 likes. Its likes are the most number of fanpage
among Vouge and Elle.
• Its fanpage use English for foreigners.
•The post about celebrities are the most popular to readers.
GOOD : Vogue fanpage offer global fashion information. When the global
post upload, the number of likes increase quickly and largely. It means people
who is interest in fashion want to know world wide news. Vogue satisfies their
Wants. Especially, Vogue upload post the most among Elle and Ceci. Usually, 5
or more Posts upload a day.
GOOD : Vogue uploads various
types of content like video , behind
cut and etc. Especially, this video is
making film of collection show
ground in PARIS. People can
experience show ground more
BAD : Frequently post upload is good thing but Vogue
post’s content is sometimes poor and weak. Then, likes
decrease. Furthermore, if weak contents are more in
comparison with uploads frequently, people cancel likes of
BAD : These posts are question to vogue from readers. However, there is
no one to answer. Weak interaction decrease brand’s image and fanpage
does not improve anymore. Especially, both 2 question points are similar,
so fanpage manager upload the post that information and answer of
matters for inquiry .
GOOD : Ceci upload English video post for foreigners. These
days most of foreigners are interested into Korean wave called
‘HANRIU’, so these kinds of post can satisfy them. In addition,
Ceci Korea can have more readers and become the best
When post about Ceci app uploaded, people
question errors of that. Then, fanpage manager answered
quickly and professionally to solve the error.
All of posts has title like [CeCi BF Recommend],
but some posts are not suitable with title. Left post is
recommendation of guesthouse, but right one is too
ambiguous to categorize recommendation.
1. Between the ELLE fan page and that of their competitors’ has many event
Promotional type posts.
2. They avoid post as constituted only text. Almost of post type they prefer is
text with photo or video or poster. Then, people react quickly and more
3. Most of posts are about Fashion & Beauty, but there are many information
about cultural event or promotion.
4. Posts are categorized by title like [ELLE Recommend],[CeCi Campus],
[Paris diary] and etc.
1. ELLE has the most event post of the three. 4 sections concentrates Event
by using likes, comments and shares.
2. CeCi seems to choose target twenty, so it post campus life and street
fashion that prefer to fashion-conscious twenty.
3. Vogue post many global fashion new and information used video and
photos. Especially, readers can experience fashion show that held in
other nations vividly.
• Frequent Event arouse readers reactions(like,
• The timing of event upload is proper.(winter-lip
• Offer the professional fashion & beauty
information on ELLE focus section and Ask Julia
• The young generation wants professional
Fashion & Beauty data.
• Many people are interested into cultural
information more than the old day.
• Most of people are concerned event promotion.
• Too many Event sections cause readers confuse.
• Some of event need complicated process to
• Too many Sections. Some sections are almost
forgotten and does not use anymore.
• Video post is lack.
• Lack of Fashion & Beauty information that
people can try easily.
• People who read Fashion magazine wants and
are concerned international Fashion news. They
do not satisfy only Korea fashion news.
• Various professional Fashion & Beauty fan page
appears on SNS.
• People wants to try trendy Fashion in their
• People become a fan because of contents related with fan page.
• Visual contents like video or picture return many fans reactions.
• More Post with interaction factors, More fans participation.
• Professional information and Practical information are loved by fans,
but they must be access and understand easy.
• Increase Video contents
• Post Fashion styling or Beauty Tips that people can try it their daily life.
• Update ELLE’s Global news ( PARIS Fashion show )
• Decrease Event section 4 to 2.
[ELLE Recommend],[ELLE try it] → [ELLE Recommend Event]
[Elle Today special],[Elle online event] → [ELLE Special Event]
• Simplicate event participation process. (like, share and comments are enough)
• Make ELLE’s Story with fans by holding ELLE contest.
• [Julia’s Ask] this section is responding well, so [Julia’s Answer] must be upload done up to a week.
[ELLE’s STREET STYLE]
Introduce Easy Styling for
ELLE’s reader who want to
know fashion tip.
Find Fashion people and
take a picture his/her
Interview with he/her
today’s concept and where
can get his/her clothes and
Then, upload [ELLE’s
STREET STYLE] with
picture and information.
Upload once in a week.
Ex) every Monday is
STREET STYLING day!
Upload Global fashion news.
[ GLOBAL ELLE ]
2013 F/W New York Fashion Week
뉴욕 패션위크에서 주목할만한 패션을 여러분께 공개합니다 !
고급스러운 Fur 와 톤 다운된 color 가 돋보이는 스타일이네요 .
더 많은 사진이 궁금하다면
In Newyork, What is best item?
How about PARIS Fashion Week?
There are many fashion issues in every nations,
so ELLE introduce various international fashion
information or situation first of all.
It is good to pictures or videos taken at a scene
Make elle’s story with people.
Elle’s story can be started as new ELLE
For active interaction with people, ELLE
can hold “Logo contest”.
People upload logo designed by
themselves on their Facebook timleine.
Upload new designed logo and
tag(@)ELLE KOREA. That the way to
participate Logo contest.
ELLE Manager select ‘ELLE LOGO- of-themonth’.
Then, That logo is Elle’s facebook profile
Photo during one month!