Centre of Social Responsibility Initiatives - Sona College of Technology
SONA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
|An Autonomous Institution|
Approved by AICTE | Affiliated to Anna University | NAAC Accredited A-Grade
All UG programmes regularly NBA-Accredited | ISO-Certified
Centre of Social Responsibility Initiatives
Skill & Livelihood | Village Adoption | CSR Engagement
SONA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
CENTRE FOR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY INITIATIVES - CSRI
(Skill and Livelihood | Village Adoption | CSR Engagement)
CSRI Vision :
• CSRI envisions the socio-economic empowerment of the disadvantaged sections of the society through Skill and
Entrepreneurship Development in collaboration with Community, Government and Corporates.
• To become a skill hub with state-of -the art multi-skill training facilities and man power resources for sustainable
development and livelihood promotion of the underprivileged women and unemployed youth.
Sona’s journey towards comprehensive Community Development started in the 1990s. Our core thrust on livelihood promotion
through vocational education resulted in the establishment of the “Centre for Social Responsibility Initiatives (CSRI) in 2009.
Our Focus areas of
Skill and Livelihood promotion
Women Empowerment initiatives
Career Planning and Guidance
Village Adoption / Rural
Health & Education
under Skill and
• To offer customized, demand-driven and industry-
specific skill trainings with the approach to improve
the holistic development of the participants.
• To impart value-based education and skill to qualify
for sustainable livelihood.
• To provide Career Counseling and Guidance for
Employment and Entrepreneurship Development.
• To offer Strategic support in Vocational Education
and extend hand hold support for up gradation of the
government vocational education institutions in the
• Integrated and Sustainable rural development
through Transfer of Technology and village adoption.
Sona’s – Social Engagement Process
Centres involved in Research activities
R & D
Social Responsibility Initiatives of the institution for the community Development
Centre for Social Responsibility Initiatives - CSRI
Focus area of service
Skill and livelihood development
(Transfer of Technology | Rural Innovation)
Health Education Women Empowerment
Counseling & Placement Support
Our Partners in Performance
Community Government Corporates
Scheme of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA)
Department of Higher Education
Ministry of Human Resource Development
Government of India
• To involve the reputed higher educational institutions (technical/non-technical/public Private) of the
country in the process of indigenous development of self-sufficient and Sustainable village clusters.
• Develop the necessary mechanism and proper coordination among educational institutions,
implementation agencies (District Administration / Panchayati Raj Institions) and the grass root level
stakeholders to enable effective intervention at the field level.
• Select suitable rural clusters and effectively participate in clusters using eco-friendly sustainable
technologies and local resources creating sufficient employment opportunities in the process ,
harnessing multifarious government schemes.
• Customized use of existing technologies and use of knowledge as per the local needs, to improve the
livelihood of the rural masses will be the key intervention.
• Re orienting the academic curricula and research programs in higher educational institutions to make
them more in alignment with the local needs to bring in holistic development.
• To engage the faculty and students of Higher Educational Institution in understanding rural realities.
• To identify & select existing innovative technologies, enable customization of technologies or devise
implementation method for innovative solutions, as per the local needs.
• To leverage the knowledge base of the institutions to devise processes for effective implementation of
various government programmes.
AWARENESS ON OPEN DEFECATION MINOR MILLETS
(Resource mapping and
planning under process)
GRAMA SABA MEETING
ANIMAL HUSBANDRY VILLAGE SURVEY AWARENESS ON HEALTH CARE