SoLoMo Thursday - Creativity On A Digital Shoestring Part 1
25 July 2013
Social Media Analyst
Biz Card @
es & Asahi @
20% off ala carte
DONATIONS are welcomed.
Help keep going.
DONATIONS are welcomed to help for:
Food & Drinks
and many more…
26 Sept 2013
M.A.D. School is constantly
constrained by a marketing budget
so small, we shrink David to pea-size
when pitted against the Goliaths of
other design, advertising and
communication schools well-oiled by
government and private funding.
Really small budgets can spawn
really big ideas.
#1 Get really creative.
#2 Throw in copious amounts of
#3 Get fiercely digital.
Undefeated and ambitious, they
dream big and embark on a digital-
centric approach that is budget-
• M.A.D. SCHOOL is a small private school.
• The education scene in Singapore is very
competitive, dominated by government-funded schools and
rich private schools with high marketing spend.
• M.A.D. stands as David against Goliaths.
• January is the Open House period when schools pump up the
money to create excessive collaterals and events.
• MAD is handicapped by a-near 0 budget, lack of resources and
Raid the Open Houses of the other well-financed design and advertising
schools and steal their target audience (because they are ours too, saving
us precious time and money). By gatecrashing the schools in a brow-
raising vintage Volkswagen van with our mob squad and giving free ice-
cream in return for Facebook ‘Likes’ on our FB page (so they revisit our
Raid the Open Houses of the other well-financed
design and advertising schools and steal their
target audience (because they are ours too, saving
us precious time and money).
3 days, 6 schools.
• Using mob squad to give out free ice-cream in return for Facebook „Likes‟
on our FB page (for repeat visits and reflected on newsfeed).
• Chance to win movie tickets by posing with a special frame and getting
friends to like shots (another reason to visit our FB page).
Brand Awareness, Brand
Recall, Repeat Engagement
Multi-screen & location-based mobile marketing
• Prospective students like our page via on tablets or mobile phones.
• Stopped target audience in tracks and directed their interest to
• Direct engagement with target audience
Mobile video content creation & virability
• Anticipation of close shave with security
• Filmed confrontation scenes and took off fast whenever we were shoo-
• We braved on so we could create real footages that could potentially go
‘Glocal’ seeding on 50+ global social media and sharing
sites/blogs/forums such as:
Social Media Campaign
Word of Mouth
Owned media space
Create compelling content