What QA Lacks!!
• Able to Make Fail
• Analytical And Technical Skill
• Domain Skill
• Having different skills set
• Hunger for knowledege
Sashank Mahapatra 2
• Any one who wants to make his/her career in “Testing”
must have passion for it.
• Why Testing as career ?? Why not development or
any other profile??
• One should have proper answer for above question.
• It’s not like I didn’t get the job so I land up in testing as
most of colleague used to say.
Sashank Mahapatra 3
• Rather the answer should be to make the best of best
application / product to land up in the market.
• One should be passionate enough to go to Monday
morning to office and at the same time should be enough
to Good Bye to office and Colleague on Friday evening.
• One should have high energy and passion towards it.
• Enjoy your Monday to Friday !!!!!!
Sashank Mahapatra 4
• Communication makes utmost import factor when you
want to make your career in testing.
• It totally depends upon how a tester is communicating
with colleague, teammates, with senior managers,
stakeholders and clients.
• Above all how a tester fix the bug with the help of
developer in short span of time with the help of proper
• It could be with inter department, outside/off shore
team. Along with written/verbal one.
Sashank Mahapatra 5
• Tester’s should know how to communicate regarding
bug/defect with development team (Developer’s/Senior
Manager) along with Test lead/ manager.
• One has to be as effective as possible when it’s comes
• Communication is to be one of the key aspect of tester’s
bread and butter.
Sashank Mahapatra 6
ABLE TO MAKE FAIL
• A tester should have a eye of end user and mind of a
• Tester should think in perspective of end user/client or
the people who are going to use the
• Each and every thing should be accountable. Be its
UI(User Interface) or in terms of backend processing.
• Try to think from user end make the application /
product fail in order to get the best of best for user.
Sashank Mahapatra 7
ABLE TO MAKE FAIL
• In this due course, a tester need to go through the points
which we have covered in the past.
• It is not the bug which count at the end of the day it is the
quality which counts when one is going to deliver the
application / product.
• Never ever compromise with any one. Always think that
“ It’s customer that what matter at the end”
• Never compromise with developer’s fix in one go !!!
Sashank Mahapatra 8
ANALYTICAL AND TECHNICAL
• In today’s era, Testing is changed. Tester should have
sound analytical and technical skill.
• When it comes to analytical skill, tester should have
sound knowledge in terms of analytical skill which help
them to discuss the quality of bugs found in UAT, Pre
production and live environment.
• Having fixed knowledge(Testing) alone won’t help them
to grow as a “Quality Tester”.
Sashank Mahapatra 9
• As challenges progresses, a tester is now compared
with developer. Also a tester should have sound
technical skill apart from testing skill. Like developing
automation script for testing.
• Now a days, it is utmost important for tester to know the
automation testing. Above all to write the regression
code in order to save time in regression testing.
• If some one don’t know how to write the script take out
some time and learn it. It will help tester in long run and
help in career growth.
ANALYTICAL AND TECHNICAL
Sashank Mahapatra 10
• Tester should have “sound” domain skills, he/ she is
sound enough to communicate with different stake
holder for domain knowledge
• Also when it comes development, should be able to
convey the clear and concise message to the
development team to develop the application.
• Sound domain knowledge will provide extra skill set in
Sashank Mahapatra 11
HAVING DIFFERENT SKILLS SET
• A Tester Should have a different skills set when it comes
• Different skills set from Tester, Developers and some
time client’s as well. Above two skill set shared.
• When it comes to “Client’s skill set”, tester should know
how handle the last moment test, tester should now the
“priority” call above important one and help them with
the help of developer when bug get escalated
Sashank Mahapatra 12
HUNGER FOR KNOWLEDGE
• It implies to all Developer, Tester, Senior manager and
all the people involved in software development.
• As things is changing, changing in very agile way,
constantly updating/having hunger for knowledge will
help any individual / team to achieve the goal both self
as well as team goal.
• Knowledge will be : Domain,Technical,Development
and so on.
• Try to update as much as possible.
• Certification will help you in this regard.
Sashank Mahapatra 13
QUESTION AND ANSWER
Sashank Mahapatra 14