WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?
• Engagement rates will continue fall as more conversations and sharing shifts to private social networks. As a result the measures
for what success looks likes will need to change.
• Amidst privacy concerns (and potentially new regulations) social media targeting will become less personalised and CPMs will
increase as there more competition for inventory.
• There will be a rebirth of human curated, fact checked, slow content.
• Transparency and provenance will become key components of branded communications.
• New privacy first social networks will start to gain traction, but most if not all will fail as the major networks copy their key USPs.
• Consumers will start demanding direct control of their data, becoming gatekeepers of their own digital lives, so they can start to
design and control their own digital ecosystem to servers up content based on how they’ve set their personal algorithms.