• Reach students where they
already are with student-
• Share the K-State student
• Showcase K-State pride
• #KStateSocial media team.
Objectives for K-State Snapchat account
What is Snapchat?
• A fun messaging application
for sharing moments.
• You can take a photo or a
video, add a caption or
doodle and send it to a friend.
• Friends can view snaps for 1-
10 seconds and then it
• Stories string Snaps together to
create a narrative that lasts for
• To create a Story, a user chooses
to add their Snaps to their Story
• Stories honor the true nature of
Location based overlays
that users can apply to
Anyone can submit
them but there are
• SnapKState averages 600-700 views per snap. After having an
account for just one month.
• Element of mystery is cool! Users have 24 hours to view your
story before it disappears.
• Users have to touch the screen to see your next snap.
Snapchat lessons from the K-State Union.
• Snapchat is much faster paced than other social
channels, making it challenging to track/
• Physical reminders are the most successful,
specifically table tents or other printed materials.
• Students also seem to respond to creative snaps,
not just video footage of an event, etc.
Have ideas of Snapchat content?
Let us know so we can feature it on the university Snapchat account.