Facebook is the biggest social media platform worldwide with over 1 billion users, what makes this platform really interesting as an advertising platform is that it doesn't go by the quantity of users but focuses on the targeting. With Facebook ads, it is possible to target whoever your audience is not only in terms of sex or age, but interest, studies… In this slideshare you can find really good pieces of advice to get the best form Facebook Ads for your business.
Why Facebook Ads?
The main value of Facebook Ads is the targeting.
23% of users check Facebook 5 times or more daily
The importance of the mobile
The add can get viral and reach much more people the
company is paying for (but for that really good content is
• Really in detail targeting
with a lot of opportunities
• Potential reaching will
change in real time
regarding the criteria
• The most restrictive, the
smallestt target audience
Age: from 13-64 (or no max)
Gender: male, female or both
Location: Country, County or City
Precise interests: using hashtags (i.e.
Connections: If they are or not
connected to the page
Friends of connections: targeting
pages, apps or events
Workplaces: select the company
Interested in (all, men or women)
Relationship status: Single,
relationship, engaged, married...
Broad categories (similar interests): It
is possible to filter using a lot of
interest shown on their profiles
Get your landing page right
• There are a lot of companies doing adds on Facebook
focusing more in the budget rather that where are they
• Either is a company page link or a website, the landing page
has to be optimized and have content related with the ad.
• If you need to optimize your Facebook company page,
check out this presentation.
Types of Facebook Ads
• Before starting to post adds it
is interesting to know what
your specific interest is, what
you want to achieve with the
• There are different kinds of
campaigns focused on the
different contents you want
the audience to engage with.
Get more likes
• This ads helps a lot to increase the number of fans of your
• It can be shown on the news feed or in the right column.
• Targeting properly, it can be a powerful weapon as well.
• It’s not only about likes, get them to engage with your
Promote your post
• Is one of the most effective
kind of adds because it will be
shown in the timeline between
post off friends and companies
• It’s really important to select
the right content to be shared.
• Is one of the easiest ways to
advertise on Facebook, it can
be done directly from the
timeline (boot post).
Traffic to the website
• Some companies goal is to drive
traffic to their webpage
• For that, it can be driven
straight away, but a really
strong call to action is needed
to impact the audience.
• As well, is it possible to add a
tracking pixel for the
ecommerce functionalities to
measure the conversions.
• Other option is to create offers for
the clients online.
• With these adverts, users can join
the offer and even go directly to the
webpage to redeem it online (with a
link to the web)
• As well this promotion can use
vouchers to be used offline.
• It is a great opportunity for local
business which needs to increase
• Tip: be careful with the amount!
• Unless you choose See Advanced Options, you’ll pay for
impressions (CPM) on your ad.
• Other option (and the most recommended) is pay per click.
• Facebook Ad Quality score: In auctions, Facebook prefer
advertiser with high quality of content so the campaigns
with higher CTR (click-through rate) will be more likely to
be shown even if the bid is smaller.
Did you select the right format?
Is the landing content optimized?
Have you got visual content?
Did you target the right demographics?
Is the budget enough?