WHO ARE YOU??? What do you want to learn that’s not here? Travel, Non-Profit? What is your role? What is your comfortably on the various “hero” platforms? Are you in PR? What are your titles?
Twitter + PR. Celebrities own their voice. Rumors could be squashed immediately. This started with Demi Moore & Aston Kutcher. Remember them? Careers can be built on Twitter – Lady Gaga
Citizen Journalists & Influencers
Peg add links that we can quickly review & watch
NY TIMES https://www.facebook.com/nytimes/videos/10151374791194999/ great content – guest spot = PR NY Times Annie Leibowitz, Bill Murray. Girls cast etc – like TV Also, TV shows like Access Hollywood & others have their own FB live SK https://www.facebook.com/steve.kardian.5/videos/10154966146118251/ 800k Dr. Belisa -- https://www.facebook.com/Gaiam/videos/10154467725909821/ 250k
[WORKSHOP] How To Integrate Your Social Media & Public Relations #SocialPR
How To Integrate
Your Social Media
& Public Relations
45 MIN TALK + Q&A
What you'll learn
• What is #SocialPR
• What is #SocialTV
• How can this be optimized for my brand or client?
• How best to utilize Facebook Live
• Instagram, Instagram Stories & Instagram Live
• The future of social media
ABOUT - PEG SAMUEL
As a proven leader in online brand building and digital
strategy, Peg Samuel is an Adjunct Professor at NYU
SPS and founder of boutique Social Media agency,
Social Diva Media.
With twenty years experience in the digital marketing
arena, Peg turned her love of communications into a
lucrative and insight-driven Social Media consultancy;
specializing in social media strategy, brand influencer
campaigns and execution marketing for lifestyle, luxury
and high profile celebrity brands.
Her most exciting activations and projects have
included: The 55th Annual Grammy Awards, NBC
Summer Olympics, Movado Watches, John Varvatos,
Ringo Starr, Harry Connick Jr., VH1, and the David
Lynch Foundation. Her entrepreneurial success has
received attention from media outlets such as: E!
News, MSNBC, Entrepreneur Magazine, and Good
Morning New York.
BACKGROUND + TIMELINE
• Early 1900s – PR / War Information
• Second half of 1900 Press, Magazines, Newspapers
• 1995 – Commercial Web
• 2000s – Bloggers (Micro Publishers)
• 2004 – Facebook / Social Media
• 2006 – Twitter / Ownership of Voice
Press system becomes decentralized
• 2015 Periscope/Twitter Live & Facebook Live
• 2017 Facebook Watch “whitelisted”
TV is decentralized
In the middle of a drastic change to Hollywood women &
victims utilizing Social Media to be heard.
• Story as it broke
• Statements from the accusers
• Stories from the victims
• Support on social
• Trolls on social
• Production, Distribution statements
• What value is your brand or client
• How is it unique, better, stronger?
• How does your content reflect the
• Are you engaging with your audience?
MEDIA IS DECENTRALIZED
LOTS OF NOISE
STORYTELLING IS KING
WHAT ARE YOU POSTING ABOUT NOW? DO THESE ALIGN?
WHAT ARE YOUR 4 KEY CONTENT CATEGORIES?
WHO ARE YOU? HOW DO YOU WANT TO SHARE THIS STORY?
WHAT ARE YOUR SOCIAL GOALS?
• LIVE (Facebook Live)
BEST PERFORMING CONTENT & WHY?
Social Media Management vs. Social Media Marketing
• Posting cadence
• Copy, Images
• Facebook Ads
• Twitter Ads
• Creative Campaigns
• #FacebookFirstReads – Authors
STEVE KARDIAN – AUTHOR CASE STUDY
Author of The New Super Power for Women
Strategy – Social Media Management
• Baseline content, make sure all of his platforms were in order
set cadence, content & best practices
• Push out press as he received it
• Create published content on Medium, utilized it on Facebook
• #FacebookFirst Reads
• Facebook Live (on others ‘shows’)
Facebook Live as PR is like TV interviews.
Facebook Live as #SocialPR – be a guest
• New York Times – Talks
• Steve Kardian - #FacebookFirstReads
• Dr. Belisa on Gaiam
Did You Know?
80% of brand audiences would rather
watch live video from a brand than read a
How to do your own Facebook Live?
• Phone / Selfie style
• Mini set at the office
• More sophisticated set & equipment
• Make sure sound, light & camera is clear.
• Engaging interesting, valuable topics, speak with
[WORKSHOP] How To Leverage Live Video with a
Limited Budget @ 230pm
INSTAGRAM: STORIES+ LIVE
Goal: In order to engage your existing and potential followers, utilize
live instagram + stories.
• # of Views
• # of Replys to Story
• Top of the feed
#SocialTV + #SocialPR
The show itself is distributed on a social
• Branded entertainment
• Presented by (sponsorship)
• Guests, booking guests though publicists
• Engaging with audience