Each city has a place where are rested people, who went on the last trip . Wroclaw is no exception, but are unique places that serve this purpose . Some are currently in use , anothers have to remind, and more others - themselves are forgotten, these are the most interesting. Wroclaw cemeteries
Osobowicki Cemetery is the largest necropolis of Wroclav . It cover s an area of more than 50 hectares .
The second-largest of the cemeteries in Wroclaw Grabiszynski Cemetery The cemetery in its present borders is one of the three parts which were more complex cemetery in the first half of the twentieth century .
Italian Soldiers Cemetery 1914-1918 stone slabs are from the beginning of the cemetery
The pink sandstone monument on the grave gifted young actress Vilm a Illing
For the outstanding violinist and conductor Rafał Maszkowski from Breslauer Orchester Verein accompaniments an angel. Notes record for a monument is the "Rapsod y " of Brahms
Cemetery of the parish St.Families Cemetery on the Smętna Street, on Sępolno district, was in 1928 as a necropolis evangelical parish
Monument to soldiers AK, with branches "Szary" and the "Młot" ", who were sentenced to death and executed in 1945 in Wroclaw
Jewish Cemetery At Lotnicza Street The so-called New Jewish Cemetery - Fifth, in terms of size, Jewish necropolis in Poland (immediately after Lodz, Warsaw, Krakow and Bialystok). It occupies an area o f approximately 11 hectares, which is covered with unusual tombstones, set among the felled trees and ivy. His rise was due to lack of space in the Old Cemetery at Ślężna Street.
The field of honor Jewish soldiers fallen in the World War I .
Fragment of arcades with the only remaining wall of the chapel.
Jewish Cemetery Ślężna Street, so called - Old Cemetery The first funeral - merchant Lobel Stern - was held on 17 November 1856 years . Burial Place blessed the rabbi Abraham Geiger. In the years 1940-1942 funerals at the cemetery started to slowly stop, and in 1943 closed the necropolis . During the fightings the city in 1945 year cemetery was the site of warfare , as shown by the traces of bullets on some macewas After the war, the place began to deteriorate rapidly. This process was stoped entering the cemetery in the register of monuments - 24 May 1975, shortly afterwards started preservation work of the fence, tombstones, alleys . In 1988 this place was made available to the public as the Museum of Cemetery Architecture. At present this is the Museum of Contemporary Art cemetery, a branch of the Municipal Museum of Wroclaw.