What they do?
• Represent people in legal proceedings.
• Prepare legal documents.
• Manage and advise clients of legal transactions.
• Draw up estate plans, personal wills, and power of attorney for clients.
• Represent clients in courts of law.
• Research law and apply principles to cases when necessary.
Where and how do they work?
Most lawyers work in well-lit and comfortable offices. Most do some work away from the office to
accommodate their clients. They meet with them at their home or work place. Working with clients can be
stressful, especially during trials in the courtroom. Most lawyers work more than 50 hours a week and
spend a lot of hours gathering information and preparing for court
How much education and experience they need?
Though a bachelor's degree is the minimum formal education required for this occupation, some
may require a master's degree or a doctorate.
How much money do they make?
They make 56,740 and that is just the 10 percentile. The Median a lawyer earns is 113,430 and
the money that they make in a whole year is 170,120.