Get a notebook, title it “Hosting & Domain”
1. Write the date
2. Name of the hosting company
3. Email you used to sign up
5. Last 4 digits of your credit card + exp. date
6. Repeat for domain company if different
What you want your backup plugin
to back up:
1. Your database
2. Your content (your posts & pages)
3. Your media library (all your images)
4. Your theme
5. A list of the plugins you're using
Updating! It is super important.
If I just keep writing “important, important,
important”, will that get my point across?
How to update your site
Step 1: Back it up using your backup plugin
Step 2: Update your plugins and themes
Step 3: Update WordPress
Step 4: Give yourself a cookie! (Gold Star also acceptable alternative.)
Keeping your site safe
Some easy security tips!
Remove the admin user!
(See how easy that was?)
That is not a password. That is an 11 year old’s
Part 3: Face the fear!
Technology doesn’t have to be the monster
under the bed.
It’s about familiarization!
1. Watch Youtube videos!
2. Buy books
3. Read blogs for WordPress beginners
4. Take classes on Lynda.com
We’re afraid of what we don’t understand. A little
knowledge goes a long way!
See? He’s just a little cutie!