“Our appeal and success are built on providing the most expansive
selection of DVDs; an easy way to choose movies; and fast, free delivery.”
• Core Competitive Advantages
• Consumer adoption of Internet delivery
• We are uniquely positioned
Netflix, Inc. is the world's largest online movie rental service, with
more than 10 million subscribers was founded in 1997 in Scotts
Valley, CA by Marc Randolph and Reed Hastings.
With over 100,000 DVD selections available through the mail
service and over 12,000 titles in the “watch instantly” queue, so
you can always find something entertaining to watch.
generally receive shipments in one business day. in areas that
More than 97 percent of Netflix subscribers live
subscribers have grown online DVD rental in 1999, the 64 percent
Since Netflix invented
at a compound annual rate of
Strategic Analysis Strategic Formulation
External Human Capital
- Blockbuster - The Seven Reasons
- On Demand - Clear Values
- Red Box Machines Business Strategies
Internal - Leverage our online DVD
- “Watch Instantly” rental leadership
- Easy to use website - Make the best product
- Customer Care even better
- Solid growth potential for
It is important for Netflix to continue to grow their
customer base within the online DVD rental market.
Be innovated as new technology is introduced into the
home entertainment industry.
Continued focus on making the best service even better.
- Netflix Inc.
- Yahoo Finance
- Wilson, Tracy V., How Netflix Works