“Political & Physical Features of Canada”
Part One: Use the map of Canada ON THE BACK OF THIS PAPER to label the provinces, territories,
& physical features that we’ve studied in class.
1. Label all of the provinces & territories listed below on the FIRST map of Canada.
British Columbia Alberta Saskatchewan Manitoba
Ontario Quebec New Brunswick Nova Scotia
Prince Edward Island Newfoundland & Labrador
Yukon Northwest Territories Nunavut
2. Label all of the physical features listed below on the SECOND map of Canada:
Pacific Ocean Atlantic Ocean St. Lawrence River
St. Lawrence Seaway Hudson Bay Rocky Mountains
Canadian Shield Great Lakes Arctic Ocean
Part Two: Use your Physical Features of Canada Notes to answer the following questions.
3. Describe the Canadian Shield:
4. Describe the Pacific Ocean:
5. Describe the St. Lawrence Seaway:
6. Where does the majority of Canada’s population live? Why?
7. What are Canada’s 3 Prairie Provinces? Why are they called this?
8. What are three of Canada’s environmental concerns?
9. What are Canada’s two types of political divisions called?