Talk delivered by Craig Smith at Agile 2016 in Atlanta, USA on 24 July 2016.
When you look for inspiration in the Agile Coaching community, the name Gordon Ramsay is probably not the first name to come to mind. He has been known to be belligerent, condescending and downright rude, but underneath this brute facade is a treasure trove of skills and talents that influence change.
In this presentation we will draw insights from his ‘Kitchen Nightmare’ escapades and draw parallels with how much his work aligns with that of an Agile Coach and the goal to successfully drive change and introduce a number of models and techniques that are indispensable in the coaching toolkit.
* Understand the difference between coaching, advising and mentoring
* Approaches to having confronting coaching conversations
* Dealing with denial and unengaged staff
* The criticality of a burning platform to invoke change
* Why it is important to have coaches as experts
* Agile coaching is more than the GROW model (or other coaching models)