• To gain the knowledge about the international
• To get familiar with process of import and
• This term export derives from the conceptual
meaning as to ship the goods and services out of
the port of a country.
• The seller of such goods and services is referred
to as an "exporter" who is based in the country of
export whereas the overseas based buyer is
referred to as an "importer".
• In International Trade, "exports" refers to selling
goods and services produced in the home country
to other markets.
Expansion of market
Looking new customer
Looking new town, next state or next country
Cross the national boarders
Involving international accounts and
Improving the standard of living
Improving the quality of life
Opportunity for economic growth
Production will be more
More turnover and profit
No need of depend on particular market
Making more modernization
Applying effective marketing
Developing key resource for export for export
• Availability of physical financial managerial
resources associated with firm
ROLE OF EXPORT IN ECONOMIC
To sell out the surplus
To achieve sales and production stability
To contribute for national goals
To get growth and development
To improve company image
To get more profit
To win competition
PLANNING FOR EXPORT
• It is a guidelines for the development for the
• Identification of markets
• Setting goal in international standard
• Arranging the activities
• Procuring the required resources
• Marketing activities for products which cross
the national boundaries of a country.
DEVELOPING AN EXPORT PLAN
Conducting market research
Creating marketing plan
Deciding about market entry
Methods for delivery and service
Planning day-to- day operations
Addressing the issues –finance and insurance
Setting target and timelines
Company goals and policy
Foreign trade policy
• the separation of a whole market into its
constituent parts in order to study the parts and
• i.e making division of entire market
interpretation of all types of information from all
available sources to aid business management in
making international marketing decisions.
SOURCE OF INFORMATION
• Internal- Sales data, Past records, Experience
• External- Primary data, Secondary data
The collection and analysis of
information about consumers, competitors and
the effectiveness of marketing programs.
Marketing Research is systematic
problem analysis, model building and fact
finding for the purpose of important decision
making and control in the marketing of goods
Association, “Marketing Research is the
function that links the consumer, customer and
public to the marketer through informationinformation used to identify and define
problems, generate, refine and evaluate
performance; and improve understanding of
marketing as a process.”
• Marketing Research is a well-planned,
systematic process which implies that it needs
planning at all the stages. It uses scientific
method. It is an objective process as it attempts
to provide accurate authentic information.
Marketing Research is sometimes defined as
the application of scientific method in the
solution of marketing problems.
SCOPE OF MARKET RESEARCH
(i) product and service research
(ii) market research
(iii) promotion research
(iv) distribution research
(v) pricing research
(vi) corporate responsibility research
(vii) miscellaneous research
RESEARCH ON MARKETS
• Analysing market potentials for existing
• Estimating demand for new products.
• Sales forecasting
• Characteristics of product markets.
• Analysing sales potentials
• Studying trends in markets.
RESEARCH ON PRODUCTS
Customer acceptance of proposed new products.
Comparative studies of competitive products.
Determining new uses of present products
Market testing of proposed products.
Studying customer dissatisfaction with products.
Packaging and design research
RESEARCH ON DISTRIBUTION
Location and design of distribution centres.
Handing and packing of merchandise.
Cost analysis of transportation methods
Dealer supply and storage requirements
RESEARCH ON PRICING
TYPES OF RESEARCH
• Conducted for a problem that has not been clearly defined.
• Conducted by –study of secondary data, survey of knowledge
• Provide information that is useful in reaching conclusions or
PROCESS OF MARKETING
Determining the specific information needed
Determining the sources of marketing
• Finalizing the research design
Deciding methods for collecting data
Framing the questionnaire
Tabulating the data and preparing the report
Follow up the recommendation
• A survey with few selected representative
which possess the same character of the whole
• Example-when a patient is required to take
blood test, the clinical laboratory takes few
• Here whole blood is universe and taking few is
METHODS OF SAMPLING
• Random sampling or probability samplingevery element of the population enjoys equal
chance of being selected
• Non-random sampling or non-probability
sampling-selection will be based on some
basis, no equal chance to all elements
Market selection is based on a thorough
evaluation of the different markets with
reference to certain well defined criteria, given
the company resources and objectives
Determine international marketing objectives
Determine parameters for market selection
Detailed investigation and short listing
Evaluation and selection
DETERMINANTS OF MARKET
• Firm related factors- inventory, financial
strength, man power etc.,
• Market related factorsGeneral factorseconomic, regulations, political
Specific factors-trends, customs, culture
• To help formulate appropriate marketing
• It may refer to the overall profile of a marketi.e the general characteristics of a nation like
demo, economic, political.
• In other case, the market profile is a
description of relevant characteristics of the
market for a specific product in a country.
Market profile contain following
Trends, demand, forecast
Market segment characteristics
Laws related to
product, price, promotion, distribution and
ENTRY STRATEGIES FOR EXPORT
On the one extreme, a company may do the
complete manufacturing of the product
domestically and export it to the foreign market.
On the other extreme, a company may do
by itself, manufacturing of the product to be
marketed in the foreign market there itself.