SECTION A: PRODUCERS & AUDIENCES - QUESTION YOU COULD GET:
1. In what ways has the rise of the ‘event’ movie been so
important for modern Hollywood?
2. To what extent are remakes, sequels and franchises useful
in creating and developing audiences for British films?
3. What are some of the key factors which influence the
kinds of film that get made today?
4. What are some of the ways in which films from the past
are made attractive to contemporary audiences?
5. How important are film franchises for producers and
6. What can be done to attract bigger audiences to UK
7. Compare the different factors that contribute to the box
office success or failure of a film.
8. How important for the British Film industry is the use of UK
‘talent’ in films financed outside Britain?
9. How do independent films sometimes achieve success?
How far are new technologies changing the way
audiences watch films?
Why are cinemas still important for both audiences
How important is genre for audiences and
What are some of the reasons for the popularity of
US produced films for UK audiences?
Are the attractions of going to a cinema today
sufficiently strong to compete against other ways in which
we can now watch films?
WHAT YOU NEED TO SHOW TO GET A HIGH GRADE:
Excellent understanding of the industry.
Lively engagement with the issues raised by the question set.
Display a very good ability to select relevant material from the
Excellent ability in interpreting stimulus material and recognising key
Excellent ability to provide appropriate material from your own
References made to both stimulus material and your own study
material will be both accurate and relevant to the argument
The work will be well-structured.
There will be a clear and authoritative 'voice' developing (own
ideas and opinion.)
Quality of written communication will be excellent.