Analyzing her album covers
• All of the album covers for Christina that I have looked at
are mostly black and white except for the occasional cover
with certain colours picked out. The all show mid shots or
close ups of her face and body. This helps the audience pick
out the artists album and also builds up an image for the
artist. Close ups are most commonly used on female
(attractive) artists as they are often admired for their looks.
The image used often compliments her most attractive
features. I like the idea of using close ups in my album
cover as it will help build up an image for the artist.
• The black and white theme used throughout these
album/singles covers clearly represent the mood of her
music, an element that clearly attracts her fans to her
Analyzing the Website
• Across the top of the website there is a large image of
Christina, again attracting the audience into the main
purpose of the website. Music video’s are also posted on
the site so that her fans and the audience have a direct way
of viewing her official music videos.
• The same font is used throughout the album covers and the
website, tying all the products together. The same thing has
been done with the colour pallet used for her ancillary
• There are links to her music, photos, videos, twitter and
instagram in order to allow the audience to interact with
her as a person, which helps to build up a loyal fan base.
Inspiration for my project
• I really like the idea of a colour and font theme running
throughout her ancillary products, but would also like to
continue that theme into the music video as well.
• I would also like to use close ups of my artist on the album
cover and website like Christina Perri has done as it helps
draw in the audience and helps them to identify the artists
work without having to look too closely.