• All people elected to the government all had military training.
• They serve for life
• They were not elected, you have to have been previously
elected as an executive official.
• Rome was reinventing itself as a republic
• It sought to expand its territory
• Grew through the Italian peninsula and beyond
• Romans citizens struggled against each other for civil
• Between the aristocratic ruling class of patricians and
the large class plebieans
• Senate is two executive cheifs
• Served as commanders in chief of the military
• Were almost always patricians
• Elected by small farmers and aristocrats.
• Well protected and held great power on behalf of
• Presided over by tribunes
• Allowed expanded democracy by allowing plebians to elect
• Try criminal cases involving plebians.
• Pass legislation
• There are two censors
• They collected taxes and organized military duties.
• Relived the consuls of duty taking the censors.
• Twelve laws that were written on a bronze tablet
• Made to avoid arbitrary decisions concerning the law