Linux and Ubuntu can completely cut the old operating system on the university computers. These are free operating system software. Works just like any other operating system. It is fast, efficient, and an extreme money cut.
Example of Ubuntu in action after it is installed. Same capabilities as other operating systems. Browse the web, email, files, and applications
Need effective managers/project leaders to give project greatest chance of success not a project for new/less than competent people.Deadline needs to be realistic (inside of one year, most of work done over summer)Management Support: need an upper management level champion with the ability to remove project obstructions and secure resources Ideally, as high up the university hierarchy as possible.
Is 201 group presentation 3
The Core Features of Blackboard:
• Online course delivery and management
• A community and portal system which supports collaboration
• Content management system for centralized control over course content
• System to record and analyze student assessment results
• $250,000 / Year
• Is an important tool for Stevenson University and operates reasonably
well, but is very expensive for what it is.
The Core Features of Moodle:
• Offers all of the same features as Blackboard right out of the box.
• Is Open Source so Stevenson is free to make changes to the source code.
• Plug-In support for students who want to further customize their experience.
• Many different builds of Moodle available to choose from.
• $0 / Year
• Moodle can handle everything that Blackboard currently handles (and more)
at the University for free.
Ensuring Project Success
• Select managers capable of performing
• Develop deadlines with input from project
• Secure management support
• Train users of new technology