Arequipe Los Pinos IGR
Nini Johana Calderón Anturi
Patrick Daniel Marisancén Varón
Tatiana Chaves Moncayo
This project was conducted through observations of
manufacturing Arequipe, which is also known as “manjar
DESCRIPTION OF THE SETTING
• Arequipe Los Pinos IGR factory is located in Los Pinos
neighborhood on the street 31 # 1b – 05.
• It makes part of a familiar house which since its building
was adequate to hold the company.
• It is a family business that is managed by three members
of the family.
• Arequipe Los Pinos IGR began with Muñoz family’s idea
to learn how to earn their living.
• Improving the quality of their product and introducing
technology in the making of the process.
• Short-term projection to expand production.
• Long-term projection to acquire a vehicle and new
• Arequipe is prepared by slowly heating
sweetened milk to create a product that derives its taste
from the caramelization of milk, changing its flavor and
• Ingredients: Raw milk, Sugar, Sodium
bicarbonate, Sodium benzoate and potassium sorbet.
• Second step: Milk and stabilizer.
• Third step: Add other ingredients
• Final steps: Packaging and cooling
• Preparing Arequipe consists on mixing the ingredients and stir the
resulting mixture until it reaches its point.
• Packaging is done in plastic containers and special bags.
• Sealing is done by heating the plastic with a hot sealer.
• Labeling is done manually.
• Arequipe has a lot of benefits for human health and
nutrition. It is a rich source of many essential body-
building nutrients, particularly protein, sugars and
fat, Vitamin A, the B Vitamins and Calcium.
• It is advisable for children during its growth
period, athletes and even for adults who suffer from
• Eating too much Arequipe could result in something you
might not want.
• After a long manufacturing process which takes more
than seven hours, a delicious, nutritious, and fortified
Arequipe is done and ready to enjoy.
Mainly cheese makers, grocery stores and bakeries.
• Concentrated milk products are valued because they can be
kept for months and supply milk’s characteristics contribution
to the texture and flavor of baked goods and confectionery.
• Arequipe is not only a healthy and valuable product, but also it
had made and will make possible many other practices which
would not take place if Arequipe was not made.