Highly motivated Business Intelligence Professional with 10 years of experience in Report
Development & Analysis as well as Database Development. Demonstrated leadership
abilities and team work skills as well as the ability to accomplish tasks under minimal
direction and supervision. Proven history of utilizing strong analytic skills, attention to
detail, and hard work ethics to turn complex requirements into working systems
SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services (SSAS),
SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007,
Microsoft Performance Point Server, Microsoft Visio, Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint.
MS SQL Server 2005, Oracle, Access
Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, Hyperion Brio,
SQL Navigator, TOAD
T-SQL, MDX, PL/SQL
SetFocus, LLC. Parsippany, NJ Jul/09 – Sep/09
Business Intelligence Master’s Program
• Implemented a Labor Analysis Business Intelligence solution for a fictitious national
• Existing data from diverse data sources were consolidated into a uniform SQL Server
2005 database. ETL capabilities of SQL Server Integration Services were used to
define imports of the data, build scheduling packages, to define integration flow, log
data error exceptions and orphaned data and to define Database Maintenance Plans
and send emails.
• Created a number of cubes, dimensions and business critical KPIs using SQL Server
Analysis Services representing aggregations in several different ways - hierarchically
and using custom groupings that the company will use to analyze performance.
Created several MDX queries according to business requirements.
• Developed several detail and summary reports including line and pie charts, trend
analysis reports and sub-reports according to business requirements using SQL
Server Reporting Services.
• Implemented business intelligence dashboards using MOSS 2007 Report Center and
Excel Services producing different summary results based on user view and role
• Created score cards with executive summary dashboards using MS Office
Performance Point Server 2007 Dashboard Designer that display performance
monitoring measures for sales, sales trends, and book return rates for a fictitious
book publisher deriving data from a SQL Server 2005 OLAP data source and
deployed them to SharePoint sites . The dashboards also contain drill-down
capabilities to view book sales by book category and customer, through summary
reports and sales trend charts.
• Created score cards with advanced set of dashboards using MS Office Performance
Point Server 2007 Dashboard Designer that feature executive summary measures for
revenue, overhead costs, material purchases, labor and profitability trends for a
fictitious construction company extracting data from a SQL Server 2005 OLAP data
source and deployed them to SharePoint sites. The dashboards also contain pages to
view performance by employee, by region, and by quarter enabling end-users to
make filter selections.
• Key product areas utilized also include data modeling, SSRS report subscriptions and
data driven subscriptions, SSAS analysis services processing tasks, cube processing
options and roles
IDT Corporation. Newark, NJ 2/00 - 2/09
Report Developer / Data Analyst
• Developed, maintained, and managed all analytical and operational mission-critical
business reports based on the Oracle Hyperion Intelligence Development (Brio) tool.
• Report development highlights:
Finance and accounting reports vital to booking $300M annual revenue on
Reconciliation reports used to audit vendors $1M invoice charges.
Analysis reports used to develop rate increase program which netted $500K in
Bad debt tracking reports used to lower bad debt by 3%.
Operational reports used to backhaul customers to another carrier which cut
costs by 50%.
Marketing reports used to generate targeted customer lists for marketing and
• Performed complex ad-hoc SQL queries when immediate access to data was
• Provided end-user training to educate business users on technical aspects of various
• Received “On the Spot” Award for outstanding performance and being a valuable
• Designed, tested, and rolled out key billing and telecom provisioning systems using
Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures, functions, packages, views, etc.
• Developed and implemented initial systems for IDT’s entry into the local phone
service market, netting a 500% increase in new customers.
• Designed and developed new in-house billing system for acquired fixed wireless
subsidiary, which boasted savings to the company of over $2M.
AT&T Basking Ridge, NJ 9/99 - 1/00
• Conducted quality assurance testing and analysis of the customer profitability system
utilizing the SAS programming language.
• Held back release of systems if errors or discrepancies found.
• Reported proposed recommendations to VP of Customer Profitability Group on
AT&T School of Business and Technology Somerset, NJ
Certificate of Completion
Cope Institute New York, NY
Certificate of Completion