3 SECRETS THEY DON’T TEACH YOU AT SCHOOL
I’LL MAKE YOU MAD—MAYBE!
• The Challenge –Can you dream, think or plan?
• The Life Plan—Setting Goals—My story
• My Background—Growing up in the Projects
YOUR FULL TIME JOB TODAY?
• School/Edumacation—Your Full Time Profession
right NOW………….Piece of Cake!
• Opens up Opportunities—Options and Choices
• Alternatives—Job at McDonalds, Pizza, & Video?
THE PIVOTAL CROSSROADS
• Life, School, Future—What is your Plan??
• Now is the time to REALLY DECIDE!
• Give up or Get off Your…and Get Going!
• 80/20 Rule—Only 25-30 will really respond.
• Speaking Skills—Your ticket to the Dance of Life?
WHY SPEAKING SKILLS?
• #1. Leadership Skill
• Being a Compelling Communicator
• Thinking, Speaking, and Learning
Master Great Delivery Skills
• Why Speaking / Communication / Delivery &
• Tools, Tips, and Techniques of Speaking
• Presentation Roadmap-- Open, Deliver, Close
with a Easy to Use Template
SPEAKING TOOLS & TIPS
• Body Language
• Eyes and Facial Expression
• Hands, Posture, Appearance/Presence
• Vocal Variety, Tone, Rhythm, Volume
• What is that??
• How it works
• My Toastmaster Story
• Organization of Information
• Open/ Body/ Close=Tell3
• Preparation and Rehearsal
• Know your Content/Material
THE :60 (Elevator) Pitch
• The Components/Anatomy of a Truly Great :60
• How to Create your Compelling Pitch in less than
• The 5 W’s (who, what, where, when, why, and
how) of a Memorable Pitch
COMPONENTS OF THE PITCH
• Introduction—Who are You?
• Tell a Story
• 3 Unique Selling Propositions=USP’s
• The Ask for the Business/Call to Action
• Memory Hook
EXAMPLE #1—CABLE TV SALES
• I am Scott Hammond LSM for Suddenlink
Media—we help businesses market on 36
Compelling cable TV networks with :30 and
:60 impactful TV commericals
• We focus on just 3 Key issues:
1. Affordability—Allows for more frequency
2. Targetability—Efficiency in Marketing $$
3. Memorability—TV is the most memorable
1. What is the #1. fear in the World?
2. What Skill can take you farther than any other?
3. What is the #1. Leadership skill you can learn?
4. Are you willing to create goals or a Life Plan?
5. Do you want to work at McD’s,live in the Fog, play
video games and have a Dead-End Life?
YOU HAVE A CHOICE…!
• Review Today—Your job, speaking and goals
• The Pivotal Crossroads—the 80/20 rule & you
• Speaking as the #1 Skill to master/use
• You and the ability to Choose—Wisely….
• A Closing Story