CFM comments by CFM chairman on fire-bombing of a church - 27 jan 2014
CHRISTIAN FEDERATION OF MALAYSIA
(PERSEKUTUAN KRISTIAN MALAYSIA)
26 Jalan Universiti, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Telefon / Faks : + 60 3 7957 1457
27th January 2014
Comments below are made by CFM chairman Rev. Dr. Eu Hong Seng on the
latest fire-bombing of a church in Penang.
1. CFM denounces the heinous act of the fire-bombing of a church in the early
morning of Monday in Penang. This follows another act of mischief
by the placing of banners with provocative statements in five churches on
Penang Island and in Butterworth as was reported in the media.
2. We are happy to note that the police are on top of the situation.
3. These acts of provocation to cause chaos and ethnic enmity are aimed at the
self-interest gains of those who have organised it.
4. CFM advises Christians and the general public not to be alarmed by nor
over-react to such acts. Should these attacks be politically-motivated and
calculated to try to ignite an escalation in inter-racial and inter-religious
tensions, then all the more reason that we do well to be wise and measured in
5. We call on all peace-loving Malaysians to stand firm and united and to
oppose such acts of desecration and criminal damage on a place of religious
Issued on behalf of Rev. Dr. Eu Hong Seng
Tan Kong Beng