2015 02-11-eco-innovate-in-lighting-01 intro cyc led
February 11, 2015
1. Welcome & Intro Sirris 10u00
2. From DfR strategy to circular economy Philips
3. Impact of light on wel being SSL-erate
3. Exploring values Eco Design Centre
4. Witness Product & Service design Philips
5. Open innovation SSL-erate
6. Value proposition design Sirris
7. Witness demonstrator Etap & Ona
8. Barriers and how to overcome them Institut Mines-Télécom
9. Witness demonstrator Braun & Riva
10. Key takeways Sirris
11. Feedback & open issues All
12. Conclusion Sirris
Network drink 16u00
Welcome & Intro
How to truly eco-innovate in the
Time for action
12.02.2015Thomas Vandenhaute 4
What actions / practices can you take up ?
Where to start ?
Where you feel comfortable !
On which domain can
value be found over
the life cycle?
Explore motivation and
value can be
Explore business model
How can BMs help
to capture the
Explore product &
What products and
capture the value?
Explore evaluation &
What did the
Learning by doing as a guide to increase knowledge
Impact of lighting products over life cycle
Energy in use
Raw Materials Manufacturing Disposal
How to stay profitable with
energy efficient long lasting products ?
Source: LCA of energy and environmantel impact of LED lighting products (US Dept of Energy)
Resource Usage in
LED product= xx
Business Models can affect on the behavioral level.
Determining the resource and energy use
Technology and behavior are equally important
Energy Usage of
LED product= xx
Macro economic forces
Image : designaspolitics.nl
BM canvas extended
Company values & Ambition
Revenue Streams €Cost Structure €
Key Activities Customer
Source: based on BM canvas Osterwalder & Peigneur