Arugula and cremini quiche with gluten free almond meal crust
3/26/2015 Arugula and Cremini Quiche with Gluten-Free Almond Meal Crust
1 hour 15 mins
Arugula and Cremini Quiche with GlutenFree Almond Meal Crust
Arugula, Cremini mushrooms and goat cheese quiche in a glutenfree thyme and
almond meal crust. A simple, gourmet recipe for breakfast, brunch or dinner!
Author: Cookie and Kate
Recipe type: Breakfast
Glutenfree almond meal crust
2 cups almond meal or almond flour (I had better results with almond meal)
3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
⅓ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon water
Arugula, Cremini mushroom and goat cheese filling
3 cups baby arugula, roughly chopped
1½ cups cleaned and sliced Cremini mushrooms
Drizzle olive oil
6 large eggs
⅓ cup milk
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 10inch cast iron skillet or large tart pan with cooking spray. In a mixing
bowl, stir together the almond meal, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour in the olive oil and water and stir until the mixture
is thoroughly combined.
2. Press the dough into your prepared skillet/pan until it is evenly dispersed across the bottom and up the sides (if you are
using a cast iron skillet, make sure the dough goes at least 1¼ inch up the sides). Bake until the crust is lightly golden and
firm to the touch, about 18 to 20 minutes.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm enough olive oil to lightly coat the pan. Cook the mushrooms with a dash of salt,
stirring often, until tender. Toss in the arugula and let it wilt, while stirring, about 30 seconds. Transfer the mixture to a plate
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and red pepper. Stir in the goat cheese and the slightly cooled
mushroom and arugula mixture.
5. Once the crust is done baking, pour in the egg mixture and bake for 30 minutes, or until the center is firm to the touch and
cooked through. Let the quiche cool for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing with a sharp knife. Serve immediately.
Crust adapted from Roost's Rainbow Chard Tartlets. Thyme/goat cheese/mushroom/arugula flavor combination inspired by
What to Drink with What You Eat.
Yields 6 large slices.
Recipe by Cookie and Kate at http://cookieandkate.com/2013/arugulaandcreminiquichewithglutenfreealmondmealcrust/