Texas STaR Chart
District : Beaumont
Campus: Austin middle school
Presented by: Sindhura.Nekkanti
Texas State has launched Long
Range Plan for Technology, 2006-
2020 with the objective of inducing
technology into the schools to prepare
students for 21st century challenges.
Long Range Plan for Technology,
2006-2020 includes four areas. They
1. Teaching and Learning;
2. Educator Preparation and Development;
3. Leadership, Administration and
Instructional Support; and
4. Infrastructure for Technology.
Texas Campus STaR Chart was
designed as a tool for planning and
assessing school technology and
readiness, each academic year.
Know I am going to discuss about the
advancement of our campus based
on STaR chart in the four areas of
Long Range Plan.
Teaching and Learning
In the year 06-07 the STaR chart shows
that our campus was in the stage of
Developing Tech, and was the same all
the three years.
From the year 06-07 our students
started working with peers and experts
to solve problems and technology.
In our campus technology is integrated
into foundation areas TEKS and
activities are separated by subject and
In our campus instruction is teacher-
directed and students regularly use
technology on an individual basis to
access electronic information and
develop communication and
There is minimal use of technology in
foundation TEKS. Most Technology
Applications TEKS are met K-8; high
school campuses teach at least 2
Technology Applications courses
◦ In the year 06-07 the STaR chart
shows that our campus was in the
stage of advanced Tech, and was
later on decreased to developing
◦ Most of the teachers participated in
professional development on the
customization of online courses
◦ There are regular technology-
supported learner-centered projects
in our campus.
2. Our school has provided anytime,
anywhere use of online resources from the
3. All the educators in my campus meet SBEC
4. Our campus allocates more than 30% of
the budget for professional development.
Maintains good teacher-parent
Administration and Support
Texas STaR chart summaries that our
campus was in the advanced Tech in
Campus plan board approved and
supported by supt. 1 technical support
staff to 500 computers, full- time district
Our campus provides on-going
professional development utilizing
multiple staff development models
observation/assessment study groups
In our campus presently:
• There is one technical support for every
• Campus instructional support staff.
• Technology Allotment, e-rate, state and
federal competitive grants and local
funding are available.
• 19-29 hours of technology professional
development available per school year for
Infrastructure for Technology
In 06-07 our campus had no proper
facility of classroom technology and
technical support (INF 3 and INF 4).
In 08-09 INF 3 and INF 4 focus area
was launched, which included:
1. Online learning with still images and
In 08-09 there was much effort
around the focus areas of:
1. Technical support and
2. Distance learning capacity
By the year 08-09 our campus meet
most of the requirements of advanced
1. access to internet-connected multimedia
2. Internet available in all rooms.
3. Fully equipped classrooms for better
4. One technical staff to 350 or less
5. Local and wide area networking.
Key area Key Area Total Key Area STaR Classification
06-07 07-08 08-09 06-07 07-08 08-09
12 12 12 Developi
12 12 15 Developi
18 16 15 Advance
16 14 15 Advance