Be the first to like this
1) Each year more than 14 million children and adults attend camp in the U.S
2) Summer camps employ 1.5 million staff a year.
3) 80% of camps use social media as part of their marketing.
4) 86% of camps have a website.
5) 50% of camps are reportedly 90-99% full
6) Fees to attend camp vary from less than $100 to more than $1,500 per week
7) 74% of camps do not allow campers to use personal electronic devices at any time.
8) What do parents think about camp?
> Camp helps build self-confidence and self-esteem
> Camp is a safe environment
> Camp is a place to build social skills and make friends
Here are the sources:
- 2015 ACA Business Operations Report
- 2017 ACA Sites, Facilities, Programs Report
- ACA’s 2005 Directions: Youth Outcomes of the Camp Experience report
- ACA 2013 Emerging Issues Survey