Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

Why Food Tech Brands Love Social Media?

2,924 views

Published on

Over the past few years food brands have taken to the digital world quite aggressively. With aggregator companies coming in, the social media presence of food tech brands such as Foodpanda, Zomato, Tinyown and more have increased immensely.

We did a comparative study of these brands and their behavior on social media to find out the various ways they use to promote themselves. Take a look for yourself and be amazed by the effort these companies make!

Published in: Food
  • Hey guys! Who wants to chat with me? More photos with me here 👉 http://www.bit.ly/katekoxx
       Reply 
    Are you sure you want to  Yes  No
    Your message goes here

Why Food Tech Brands Love Social Media?

  1. 1. FoodTech Brands on social media June, 2015 By Simplify360
  2. 2. 29 Brands covered in this report Not all brands are listed here
  3. 3. 303 Facebook Insights: Facebook Posts by all food tech brands in the last 15 days. That is on an average 12 post in 15 days. Less than 1 post per day (0.7 per day) Among the 29 food tech brands considered in the study 97% of them has an official Facebook page while the remaining 3% do not have an official page.
  4. 4. FoodPanda is the most active brand on Facebook FoodPanda.in is the most active on Facebook with 38 posts in the last 15 days while JustEast.in despite their presence with 87K fan base did not post any thing with their last post being more than 45 days ago. 18,324 Total engagement on Food Panda’s Facebook page
  5. 5. 8 TinyOwl is the most engaged Facebook page. Posts 19,238 Total engagement 18,960 Likes 123 Comments 155 Shares The page has an engagement of 2,405 interactions per post
  6. 6. 19,238 18,324 8,532 6,080 3,743 2,440 1,725 1,682 929 578 347 342 326 Tinyowl Foodpanda PepperTap Zomato Dudegenie Fassos Grofers LocalBanya MealTango FreshMenu TheFirstMeal Momoe Swiggy Engagement comparison on Facebook Fig. Engagement for the last 15 days, June 10 to 15, 2015. Figures in the graph indicates the sum of likes, comments and shares. Inset: Rest of the brands with engagement less than 300. Source: Simplify360.com 276 178 147 146 125 82 35 21 19 9 7 6 0 0 0
  7. 7. 40,240 All food tech brands have an official Twitter handle Combined mentioned of the Twitter handles in the last 30 days (June 1 to 30, 2015). An average of 1,388 per brand.
  8. 8. 12,810 No. of average followers 3Tweets per day Food tech brands are yet to make the most out of Twitter 0.83 RT per Tweet
  9. 9. 40,240 All food tech brands have an official Twitter handle Combined mentioned of the Twitter handles in the last 30 days (June 1 to 30, 2015). An average of 1,388 per brand.
  10. 10. Zomato is the most mentioned brand with 19K mentions in the last 30 days followed by burrp with 6K mentions
  11. 11. 19,503 6,387 4,711 2,894 1,456 1,334 1,076 617 515 501 318 307 147 Twitter engagement comparison Fig. @Mentions of the official twitter account in the last 30 days, June 1 to 30, 2015. Inset: Rest of the brands with engagement less than 100. Source: Simplify360.com 91 76 74 64 40 37 31 19 14 11 8 4 3 2 0 0
  12. 12. www.simplify360.com Simplify360, is a leading social business intelligence firm. Simplify360 is the world’s first integrated enterprise solutions provider; our latest offerings are Social Marketing Suite for agencies, Social Contact Center for BPOs and Social Command Center for Enterprises. We enable businesses to perform Online Reputation Management, Customer Service, Community Management, Social Media Research & Brand Auditing; Online Sales Lead Generation, and Consumer Sentiment Analysis. We have already provided solutions through their tool for industry leaders like Wipro, Coffee Day, Star TV, Mahindra Retail and ITC Foods. Simplify360 is also the only company to work with the top media agency groups in the world like WPP and Publicis. Simplify360 operates directly or through partners in the US, Malaysia, Korea, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, UAE and the Netherlands to name a few. The company’s products and services are sold in over 100 countries. If you are interested to know more about Simplify360 and its offering, you can contact us at contact@simplify360.com About Simplify360 US Headquarter: 1330, Capital Parkway, Carrollton, TX 75006 Phone : 347-468-7251 India: 3rd Floor, 7/1 Binnamangala, 100 Feet Road, Indiranagar, Bangalore 560038. Phone : +91 80 40971130 Address CONNECT WITH US (click on the icons)

×