TOWER OF LONDON
• It was built by William the Conqueror in 1066
The White Tower
• Benedictine monks used the site in mid tenth century.
William the Conqueror was crowned in Abbey in 1066, but
Henry III built it in 1245 in gothic style that we know it today.
It was built between 1411-1440 to serve the trade guilds and ruling
business elite of London. It is the seat of the Mayor of the City of
London who is elected for one year only.
ST PAUL’S CATHEDRAL
• It was one of the oldest churches in London built in 604, but
several times was burnt and rebuilt until Christopher Wren
built it in present form after the big fire in 1666. It was
completed in 1711.
THE ROYAL EXCHANGE
• It was founded by Sir Thomas Gresham in 1565 as a centre of
commerce and inspired by the Antwerp bourse.
CITY OF LONDON
• Lloyd’s Building was built by Richard Rogers between 1978
• There is a famous Lutine Bell, announcing
• Disasters on the sea
• It was designed by Norman Foster in 2001-2003
• It is major business district in London started building in 1988.
THE SHARD OF GLASS
• Built by Renzo Piano but in 2007 run out of funds and Qatar
National Bank provided funds
• London Bridge
LONDON CITY HALL
• The Seat of the Mayor of London