1. How to build and work
with a virtual team
a presentation by
Why work with virtual/distributed teams?
Managing Online Work Teams
How to Build a Virtual Team
6 tips to work with distributed teams
Words that make you think
How to achieve a sustainable virtual team
How to promote internal communication
Successful online trainings
The importance of wellness
3. Why work with distributed teams?
The field of virtual jobs is constantly changing and growing, and virtual workers are available
from all different geographic locations and time zones. Finding professionals of this kind has
become much easier and accessible.
• Greater access to the population and to all types of professionals worldwide.
• Having a diverse team, culturally, naturally brings a diversity of talents and skills.
• Economically convenient for the company, workers and customers.
• Pay variable rates to different team members by position and location. Avoid
overpaying for simple or high volume tasks.
• Get the quality level you need, from super efficient software developers to low
level data entry.
• Doors open easily in the virtual world. Get opportunities to win new customers.
• Virtual teams pollute less. Eliminate printing, everyday work travel, and machinery
from your office.
4. Managing Online Teams
The management methods used for online teams are special. Virtual
teams and on-site teams both have their advantages and disadvantages.
In both cases, success depends on the right situational management.
5. How to Build a Virtual Team
1° - Strategic Planning:
Before building a virtual team,
make sure the company's strategic
planning is in place and this
means firmly establishing the
2° - Logistics:
Have a detailed plan. Your
technologies should be
chosen and ready to go:
• Common objectives and goals
• Strategies and concrete actions for attaining objectives and
• Setup virtual technologies you need: email, video conferencing,
chat, screen sharing, webinar broadcasting, internal social tools,
cloud storage, office software, version management, etc.
• Select platforms for your recruitment process
• Select a platform for hiring your virtual team and paying them
• Prepare project materials and dates: Virtual reports, feedback
forms, manuals, weekly meetings and deliveries, etc.
• Define and assign responsibilities among the team members
• Define payment rates based on responsibilities and worker
7. 6 tips to work with distributed teams
Make sure your management is following the transition: set processes, give
trainings and monitor your progress with surveys and interviews.
Support and improve your human capital with courses, software and
Generate synergy and connectivity among your team by organizing
meetings, sharing knowledge via targeted apps and software, and with
Foster virtual spaces in order to humanize the workplace, decrease
turnover, and meet your potential.
Empower team members in order to encourage autonomous and selfdirected work.
9. How to achieve a sustainable Virtual Team
The biggest challenge that comes up in virtual teams is how to sustain your team
over time and decrease turnover rates.
Do that by focusing on:
Technology: you rely on it for all of your communications, and all factors
depend upon it.
Human Potential: recognize in public the talent of your team members and
their abilities. Make sure each team member understands how important their
role is in the company.
Empowerment: get them involved in your mission and empower them to work
toward certain objectives independently.
Competence: Force team members to think critically about their tasks and
Enterprise: encourage innovative proposals and ideas on the team and do the
11. Group Training for Virtual Teams
Group training sessions are a valuable tool that help generate synergy among the members
while promoting teamwork and it helps to unify the talents and skills on a team, while:
Developing the full potential of the whole team
Strengthening synergy and teamwork.
Promoting collective learning.
Exchanging viewpoints and valuable contributions.
Reaching project goals and objectives as a group.
Visual Learning Content: programs that help liven up training through visual animation
like Goanimate and Prezi.
Teleconferencing: recommended for large teams that need to connect with one another
through a call: Freeconference and Skype.
Videoconferencing: recommended for teams that need to hear and see each other using
cameras: Webex, BabelTree, GoToMeeting, or GoMeetNow.
Screen Sharing: programs that allow you to share the screen of one computer with one or
more people: Mikogo, GatherPlace, ScreenLeap, or join.me, and of course Skype.
12. A team's performance can be improved drastically by keeping the wellbeing and
health of the individuals and the group well balanced and strong.
13. Presentation created by Managing Virtual Teams
Online courses for manageres and entrepeneurs
Free team activities for virtual teams.