Mark true & False.
1. First success full transfusion was done in 1647 (F)
2. Highest shelf life among blood additives/ preservatives is of Citratephosphate – double dextrose CP2D
3. Blood less than 24 hours old is called fresh blood (T)
4. life of RBCs in Blood is 120 days
Loss of viability of RBCs.
What are the changes which occur in stored Blood
Depletion of 2-3 DPG.
Loss of granulocyte function.
3. Increase in pH of blood.
4. decrease in plasma K+ Level.
Decrease in factor VII level.
Non disturbance of consciousness
Rapid onset, Perceptual disturbances- illusions, hallucination (T)
Fluctuating course, waxing & waning , in & out of delirium.(T)
CAM-ICU is mostly used in ICUs for prompt detection of delirium. (T)
Delirium does not disturb ability to receive, process, store and recall
1. Patients with known or suspected herpes virus or varicella zoster as the cause of
acute liver failure should be treated with acyclovir & liver transplantation (F)
2. N-acetylcysteine may be beneficial for acute liver failure due to druginduced liver injury (T).
3. Patients in whom Wilson disease is the likely cause of acute liver failure
must be promptly considered for liver transplantation (T).
4. Patients with coagulopathy and mild hepatic encephalopathy due to
autoimmune hepatitis may not be considered for corticosteroid
5. For acute fatty liver of pregnancy or the HELLP syndrome, expeditious
delivery of the infant is not recommended. (F).
1. Diverse group of illnesses caused by DNA viruses from 4 families (F)
Mortality ranges from 0.5% to over 90% in severe cases. (T)
Incubation period 21-45 days, depending on agent (F)
Anti platelet drugs or IM injections are encouraged in VHF patients. (F)
VHF has no potential of Bioterrorism as described by Military Medical Planners . (F)