Forensic Entomology is that special associated distinctive discipline of Forensic Science that deals with the assorted aspects of an insect’s or a maggot’s life cycle so as to assess the time since death.
Forensic entomology is the application and study of insect and other arthropod biology to
criminal matters. It also involves the application of the study of arthropods, including insects,
arachnids, centipedes, millipedes, and crustaceans to criminal or legal cases.
!! ABOUT !!
Forensic Entomology is that special associated distinctive discipline of Forensic Science that
deals with the assorted aspects of an insect’s or a maggot’s life cycle so as to assess the time
since death. Besides the actual fact that it's one among the distinctive applications of the
Sciences technicalities, it’s another side is that it's a way-back best-known Science to the
!! PROSPECTUS !!
* Module-1 Introduction to forensic entomology * Module-10 Files decomposing arthropods
* Module-2 Techniques of sampling and preservation * Module-11 Blowfiles decomposing arthropods
* Module-3 Entomology in civil vs. criminal law * Module-12 Flesh and house files- decomposing arthropods
* Module-4 Insect structures and function * Module-13 Water, drugs, toxins and insect decomposition
* Module-5 Insect’s life history and diversity * Module-14 Forensic medical entomology
* Module-6 Insect development and temperature * Module-15 Arthropod borne disease litigation
* Module-7 Human decomposition * Module-16 Arthropod infestation proceedings
* Module-8 Role of entomology in human death * Module-17 Role of entomology in archaeology
* Module-9 Beetles decomposing arthropods * Module-18 Scientific evidence in law
!! EVALUATION !!
The analysis method varies relying upon the course you register for, likewise: if you're registered for
Certification, you'll be assigned an assignment throughout the mid-session of the course, that you're
deemed to complete at intervals the month. Similar method is followed in six-monthly Diploma. However in
yearly PG Diploma, when the completion of the assignment throughout the mid-sessions; a Project-work is
assigned throughout the last quarter, that you've got to complete in an exceedingly a months’ time.
1. The standard font size should be 12, and the font style should be Times New Roman.
2. The standard spacing should be 1.5, along with a justified text in between the margins.
3. Learner should make sure that no plagiarism should be present in the submitted Project. He/she is free
to consult various sources, but the language should be their own.
!! CAREER !!
Forensic Entomology is an emerging sub-disciplines of Forensic Science, with an opportunity for the
aspiring candidates to have a promising career in the present world of competency. This course is
especially designed keeping in minds the essentials and requirements of the students as well as the
working professionals of the related field. Learners keen to learn and explore their knowledge in this
field have vast options open before them to uplift and groom their career in the respective field.
!! MODERN TECHNIQUES !!
Many new techniques have been developed and are used in order to more accurately gather evidence,
or reevaluate at old information. The use of these newly developed techniques and evaluations have
become relevant in litigation and appeals. Forensic entomology not only uses arthropod biology, but
it pulls from other sciences, introducing fields like chemistry and genetics, exploiting their inherent
synergy through the use of DNA in forensic entomology.
* Scanning Electron Microscopy
* Potassium Permanganate Staining
* Mitochondrial DNA
* Mock Crime Scenes
* Gene Expression Studies