Be the first to like this
http://SiestaKeyBlueWave.com What Is Siesta Key Blue Wave? Across America, from our eastern coast to our western shores and island outposts, one can find truly stunning beaches. Coupled with the incredible sunsets on those beaches it has inspired many artist, music and poets. There is no better location to view one of those sunsets than from our incredible Siesta Key beach.
Siesta Key BlueWave founders Vanessa and Lloyd's mission is to inspire visitors and locals to support the Key’s natural environment together with its musical and cultural spirit through:
* Coverage of the island’s live music and art events, and giving a voice to those artists and musicians who are particularly inspired by beauty, life and nature.
* Coverage of nature-oriented entertainment activities and nature-preservation activities.
* Donating 20 % of our product sales toward our partnering local environmental non-profits.
Inspire BlueWave is an umbrella company which is dedicated to helping artists achieve their marketing goals online as well as offline. Inspire BlueWave, through its local projects (such Siesta Key Bluewave and others to come) and partnering non-profits, has the dual objective and capacity of supporting both the arts and the environment.
Blue Wave beaches and destinations represent the complete eco-coastal experience. As such, we support clean, safe and economically thriving beach communities and have adopted the following ethics to promote that lifestyle for beach visitors. Certified beaches actively promote and embrace the following principles underlying the Blue Wave Ethics:
7 Blue Wave Ethics
1. Leave no trace (what you carry in, carry out)
2. Move your body (walk, run or swim)
3. Don’t tread the dunes (use a walkover or walk-thru)
4. Know your limits (swim, surf and boat safely)
5. You are what you eat (eat healthy seafood)
6. Feed your mind. (read a book)
7. Respect the Ocean (riptides, storms, natural resources)
Below are a couple of pieces of artwork we did from our view of the Siesta Key beach.
[IMAGE OF A PAINTING BY VANESSA & LLOYD]
Siesta Key was voted as a top beach.
Siesta Key beaches are the island’s premier claim to fame. From being chosen as “Best Overall” in the 1987 International Sand Contest, to being ranked the “Best Sand Beach in America 2004 by The Travel Channel, to being named the Number 1 Beach in America by Dr. Beach, Siesta Key beaches have accumulated numerous awards in recognition of their soft white sand. Siesta Beach has also been named a Blue Wave Beach by the Clean Beaches Coalition, which officially certifies it as clean, healthy and environmentally well managed. Kudos to Siesta Key our favorite island.
And thank you Parks and Recreation Department staff for your daily efforts to keep our beaches earning these top rankings!