Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
Ethics means “The study of the general
nature of morals and of the specific
moral choices to be made by a person;
Types of Ethical
• Justice Practices
• Integrity Practices
• Confidentiality and Privacy Practices
• Self-Control Practices
Importance of Ethics in Business
• Attract customers to the firm's products, thereby
boosting sales and profits.
• Make employees want to stay with the business,
reduce labor turnover and therefore increase
• Attract more employees wanting to work for the
business, reduce recruitment costs and enable the
company to get the most talented employees.
• Attract investors and keep the company's share
price high, thereby protecting the business from
Social and Economic Aspects of
• The need for defining the sphere of
• The need for moving beyond ethics
and social responsibility code
• The need for accountability.
Code of Ethics for Indian
• Inclusive Business
• Accountable Business
• Transparent Business Standards
• Fair Competition
• Equal opportunities employer
• Health, Safety and Environment
India Lacks Business
• BREAKDOWN OF TRUST
• CULTURAL FACTORS
• THE WAY FORWARD
Ethics in Indian IT Companies
Wipro: - Wipro Limited is an Indian global
IT services and consulting company
headquartered in Bangalore, India.
Tata Steel: - It is a great honor for Tata
Steel to be recognized under such an
important and prestigious parameter .
HDFC: - India’s largest mortgage lender,
Housing Development Finance Corporation
(HDFC), has been included by New York’s
Ethisphere Institute in its list of the world’s
most ethical companies.