• Getting into a relationship is easy, but keeping it alive is the difficult part.• There are plenty of things, big or small, that an wreck an otherwise great relationship.• Now, Dr Barton Goldsmith, a California-based psychotherapist and the author of 100 Ways to Boost Your Self-Confidence - Believe in Yourself and Others Will Too reveals what all can kill romantic relationships and how to save it from falling apart.
1. Money• Its the root of all evils, as they say. If a partner has been unscrupulous, getting the trust back can be a challenge, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
2. Sex/infidelity• A sexless marriage or unfaithfulness can extinguish love quicker than blowing out a candle. Dont let the flame burn out and try to renew your sex life.
3. Disrespect• Research shows that belittling, insulting or yelling at your partner can cut the chances of your relationships survival.
4. Children• Some live for them, others would rather kill themselves. Make sure to keep things in balance with your partner, so you have the energy to deal with any child issues.
5. Opposite-sex friends• If you dont want your spouse/partner to dine out and have drinks with a member of the opposite sex, then you need to follow the same guidelines.
6. Resentments• Dont hold your pain, hurt or anger inside. If you are harbouring some resentment talk it out and put the matter to rest, so you can enjoy your relationship.
7. Lying/broken promises• Even if youre afraid of getting in trouble, tell the whole truth and dont break promises, and find a way to make up for past mistakes.
8. Laziness• Keeping a relationship is hard work, and if you are unwilling to do it, your connection will diminish and you will begin to resent your partner.
9. Being mean• If you punish your partner when you dont get your way, or if the two of you give each other the silent treatment, you are headed for a lifetime of emotional pain. Stop the nastiness and learn to talk about it.
10. Discomfort/remodelling• If you are living in a construction zone, its pretty hard to feel comfortable. Injury or illness can create a similar situation. Your home should be a place of serenity, so if you are remodeling or are dealing with physical issues, make your comfort a priority. (ANI)