Shri Ram Murti Smarak College of Engineering And
PRESENTATION TOPIC :-
• Working Process
• Advantages & Disadvantages
• Google Glass is a wearable computer with
an optical head-mounted display (OHMD)
that is being developed by Google in the
Project Glass Research and Development
• Google Glass displays information in a
Smartphone-like hands-free format, that
can interact with the Internet via
natural language voice commands.
• You say 'ok glass' to get a range of
options including taking pictures, videos,
send message etc.
• GoogleX is the Research And Development
• Glass is being developed by GoogleX Lab,
which has worked on other futuristic
technologies such as Driverless Car.
• Project Glass is a part of GoogleX lab and
is being lead by Babak Parviz, an
Also known as Project Glass
Developers (US): February 2013
1. Augmented reality
• Augmented reality is a live, direct or indirect, view of a physical, real-world environment
whose elements are augmented by generated sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or
GPS data. It is related to a more general concept called mediated reality, in which a view of
reality is modified by a computer.
• Worn by the bearer under, with or on top of clothing.
• Developed for general or special purpose information technologies and media
• It is a combination of new fabric technology and digital technology.
• The clothing is made with new signal-transfer fabric technology installed
with digital devices.
3. Smart Clothing
4. Eye Tap Technology
Eye Tap is a device that is worn in
front of the eye that acts as a camera
to record the scene available to the eye
as well as a display to superimpose
a computer-generated imagery on the
original scene available to the eye.
• 4G is the fourth generation of cell phone mobile
• 4G Technology is basically the extension in the 3G
technology with more bandwidth and services offers in the
• This system provides higher data rates of 100 Mbps in
mobility to 1 Gbps while stationary.
5. 4G Technology
• Electronic environments that are sensitive
and responsive to the presence of people.
• Devices work in concert to support people in
carrying out their everyday life activities
carrying out their everyday life activities,
tasks and rituals in easy, natural way using
information and intelligence that is hidden in
the network connecting these devices.
6. Ambient Intelligence
• It features a video display that is used to
display the pop up hands free information.
• It has the front facing video camera with
which photos and videos can be taken in
• A touchpad is located on the side, allowing
users to control the device
• A microphone can take the voice commands
from the user.
• Android 4.0.4 and higher
• 640×360 display
• 5-megapixel camera, capable of 720p video recording
• Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
• 16GB storage (12 GB available)
• 682MB RAM
• Ambient light sensing and proximity sensor
• Texas Instruments OMAP 4430 SoC 1.2Ghz Dual(ARMv7)
• Bone conduction transducer
For the developer Explorer units:
01 Start tap
To start using Google Glass, you tap the frame of the glasses and you’re
taken to the home screen. You’’ll see just a simple overlay box that carries
To issue a command, you tap the frame again and say “OK Glass”.
You can take the pictures by just giving voice commands to the glass!!
02 Take a picture
Same goes with video. With Google Glass, you can record what you see
without moving a finger.
03 Record video
You can share pictures ,videos instantly on facebook ,instagram etc.
04 Share what you see
Lost? No problem, you have your very own super GPS navigating device to
guide you along in the right direction.
05 Find your way
Google Glass will able to read and translate any text you see
Google Glass is aware of where you are and what you’re looking at, at all times. They
can anticipate your needs and flash up information that’s going to be relevant to you.
07 Your info butler
08 Send Message
• Google Glass will show you text messages you receive
and allow you to reply to them via voice commands.
How Google Glass could revolutionize the medical
Advantages & Disadvantages:
• Easy to wear and use.
• Sensitive and responsive to the presence of people.
• Fast access of maps, documents, videos, chats and much more.
• A new trend for fashion lovers together being an innovative technology.
• A spectacle based computer to reside directly on your eyes rather than in your pouch or pocket.
• A useful technology for all kinds of handicapped/disabled people.
• Can be easily broken or damaged.Though Google wants these glasses to be as modest as achievable, they seem to
be extremely breakable. Users will have a tough time taking care of it.
• These glasses show the retrieved data in front of users eyes so it will be a tough experience for them since they
will focus on that data and will eventually miss the surroundings that may lead to accidents while driving.
• The resource for running these glasses is still unknown.Will there be a battery or it will run using solar energy?
• Privacy of people may breach with new glasses.
Google Glass is as futuristic a gadget we’ve seen in recent times. It’s limited in scope right now,
but the future, Google believes, is bright and the device itself is “incredibly compelling”.
Future scope and Conclusion
• Google glasses are basically wearable computers that use the evolving familiar technologies
that brings the sophistication and ease of communication and information .
• Hands free technology by Google.
• Assistance to disabled individuals.
• Google Glass is fashionable and frame colors are available in gray, orange, black, white and