Case Studies in
In the year 1897, Akbarally's came in to existence. They started with Wockhard
They started India’s first departmental store in 1957.
They acquired Worli Chemical Works in 1959.
Started with Furniture outlet in 1963.
We created a brand image but lack of
innovation and expansion let to our downfall.
However, we will now try and remarket the
brand. Along with remarketing, our aim is to
revive this brand.
Our vision is to be the best retail outlet in India.
Serve our customers with the best quality.
Akbarallys, “The Ultimate Experience”
Our 3 main objectives:
•To revive the brand.
•To be innovative.
•FIRST TO BRING THE IDEA OF
SHOPPING UNDER ONE ROOF
•ESTABLISHED A STRONG BRAND
•IGNORED THE POWER OF
•THE CONCEPT OF FRANCHISE
ARRANGEMENTS WAS IGNORED
India is fast emerging as
retail hub for top brands
Organized retail is only
4.5% of total Indian retail
Strong competition from
unorganized retail sector
Growing number of
organized retail outlets,
Westside, Hypercity, Big
•What products we offer?
1. Garments for men, women and kids
2. Cosmetics for Women
•Features of Akbarallys
1. Wide Range of Products
2. Organized Department wise
3. Central Location
4. Huge Investment in Redesigning the Outlet
• Price concerns the amount of money that customers
must pay in order to purchase your product
• It is important to have a pricing strategy that is tailored
to your target market
• At Akbarallys, our pricing strategy will be Penetration
• Penetration pricing is the pricing technique of setting a
relatively low initial entry price, often lower than the eventual
market price, to attract new customers on some products
List of Brands that will be available at Akbarallys:
Men Garments: Arrow, Blackberry, Zodiac, X Factor, Indigo
Nation, Color Plus, Allen Solly etc.
Women Garments: Bebe, Forever New, Mango, Zara, Vero Moda,
Kids: Ruff, Ben 10.
Cosmetics: Lakme , Maybelline , L’Oreal , etc.
Men’s garment will range from Rs. 500 to Rs 30,000.
Women’s garment will range from Rs. 450 to Rs. 50,000.
Kids’ garments will range from Rs. 250 to Rs. 10,000.
Cosmetics will range from Rs. 500 to Rs. 10,000.
(Price will vary according to the brand*)
•We have decided to open only one Akbarallys’ outlet
at the moment.
• The main reason for doing so is that we are being
cautious about the response we’ll get from the
• We’ll gradually increase our number of outlets
Location of the Outlet:
Link Road, Bandra
We also have akbarally’s website for
Our approximate advertisement
•1st month (2 full page advertisements
for alternate weeks),
•2nd month (2 Small-size ads),
•3rd month (1 full page ad and 2 small
•4th month (1 full page ad and 1 small
$30/Day for 10-15 days
Distribution of Pamphlets
Other Advertisement Tools
LIKE US ON
FOLLOW US O
Total Advertising Cost
Discounts and offers
1. GEOGRAPHIC (Region, Locality) – Only in Mumbai
2. DEMOGRAPHIC (Age, Gender, Income) - All age
groups, middle income to higher income group
3. PSYCHOGRAPHIC (Life Style, Personality)
4. BEHAVIORAL (Readiness, Buying Motives)
A target market is a group of customers that the
business has decided to aim its marketing efforts and
ultimately its merchandise.
A well-defined target market is the first element to a
Our target audience will be classified into 2 categories:
1. Middle class people
2. Higher income group
1. New outlets at different locations in all the
metropolitan cities across India
2. Product extension which will include consumer
durables and fast moving consumer goods