• To analyse how the narrative of a film trailer
correlates with the narrative of the feature
• To consider todorov’s theory of narrative.
• It is essential to consider narrative when
planning my trailer because it will be useful to
use in my exam as well.
• Todorov was a theorist who believed that stories start
in a state of equilibrium, which is then
disrupted, setting in motion a chain of events. The
resolution of the story is the creation of a new or
different equilibrium. He summed the journey up in
2. Disruption of equilibrium by a person or event
3. Realisition that disruption has occurred.
4. attempt to repair damage of disruption.
5. Restoration of equilibrium (usually a new
Lana and Spencer are together
Disruption of equilibrium by
event or person
Spencer breaks up with Lana
Realisation that disruption has Lana is really upset and
distraught by what has
Attempt to repair damage of
Lana gets ready to seek
revenge for what Spencer has
Restoration of equilibrium
(usually a new equilibrium)
Lana goes to kill him but in the
end she gets jailed because
her plan has failed
21 Jump Street
Natalie Portman wants to Young teens become police
be in swan lake.
There are lot of things
stopping her from being
the starring role.
They absolutely fail at being
In the end she gets the
They get put into the project
of working on jump street.
She turns crazy when
she's got the role.
She performs while she's
dying and in the end she