There are lots of reasons why organisations share or outsource services. These fall into four main categories.
1. Reducing organisation costs
- Gain economies of scale by using an organisation that only provides that service to many
- Forming partnerships with other organisations that require the same service and develop a single tender to gain economies of scale
2. Reducing the skills required in your organisation
Outsourcing your non core skills, reducing the need to continue training and simplify your organisation structure
3. Removing the need to maintain your own IT (asset rationalisation)
Many IT organisations now provide online systems reducing the need for maintaining internal software and development
4. Developing partnerships
Developing partnerships to explore additional opportunities for shared services
This presentation reviews the options and provides some proactical tools for use in considering the way forward. The presentation also includes a number of real life case studies and details the analysis undertaken and the decisions made.