Tech Quotient (Junior Quiz Finals) - XINO Intra 2013
COMPUTER DAY 2013
• The quiz consists of 5 rounds : Warm Up, Orthodox, Visual,
Rapid Fire and Expand.
• Teams are allowed to select the question number they want.
• All questions in the Warm Up, Orthodox and Visual rounds
have a flat scoring of 10 points each.
• Expand and Rapid Fire rounds have a scoring of 5 points for
each correct answer.
• Only questions from Orthodox and Visual rounds are passable.
• As a twist, all teams have an option of taking a single lifeline
at any point in the quiz. Using the lifeline, you get an
• There is no negative marking at any point in the quiz.
Humorous answers will be appreciated.
Name the video game in which we shoot
wingless birds using a slingshot and try to kill
green pigs. This game has been downloaded
more than 1.7 billion times.
Name the free, non - profit, internet
encyclopedia which is collaboratively edited
by people all over the world. It ranks 6th in the
list of most popular websites.
The second richest person in the world, he is
popularly known as the co-founder and
chairman of the world's largest software
This is a phone created by Samsung
electronics. It has a 5.5 inch touch screen and
is called a phablet, i.e. too big to be a phone
and too small to be a tablet.
Name the extremely popular VOIP application
characterised by its blue colour scheme and
the letter ‘S’. It was acquired by Microsoft for
$8.3 billion in 2011.
This application distribution platform for iOS
has the letter 'A' as its logo formed using a
pencil, a paint brush and a ruler. It allows
users to browse and download apps directly
onto their iOS devices.
Name the video sharing website, now owned
by Google, which was started by Steve Chen,
Chad Hurley and Jawed Karim. It is home to
many famous videos such as Charlie Bit My
Finger, Why This Kolaveri Di, Kony 2012 and
This is an online multiplayer game, created by
New Horizon, set in a virtual penguin world.
The players can play games, make friends
and adopt in-game pets called ‘puffles’.
These are white creatures with ballooned
bodies and egg heads who are used to
promote various value added services of
Vodafone. Name them.
This is a series of smartphones developed by
Nokia running on the Windows Phone
Operating System. Name the series.
This man started a company, but was later fired
from the company he started. To continue his
passion, he invested in two startup companies.
One of his companies, NeXT, was bought by the
company he had started and he joined back as
the CEO again. Whose story is this?
Guy Dangerous, Scarlett Fox, Barry Bones,
Karma Lee, Montana Smith and Zack Wonder
are characters from which popular video
This application allows you to sync its library
with your iOS device.
How many bits are there in a nibble?
What is the name of the programming
language commonly used for creating a web
This new interface was first introduced in
Microsoft Office 2007. It replaces the original
menu bar with tabs. It was later adopted into
the Windows 8 operating system. Name the
The name of this car radio manufacturing
company comes from the combination of the
words ‘Motor’ and ‘Victrola’ which represent
car and sound respectively. Which company
am I talking about?
Name the tablet $35 tablet that was
developed by the IITs and sponsored by HRD
department of the government of India.
Name the operating system for mobile
devices such as smart phones and tablet
computers developed by the Open Handset
Alliance led by Google.
This company, started by Gordon Moore and
Robert Noyce, is the world’s largest
semiconductor chip making compnay in the
world. Name the company.
This controversial whistleblowerwebsite publishes
news leaks and secret information about the
governments of many countries and other
organizations. It was started by Jullain Assange in
2006. Name the site.
1. What is the Windows keyboard shortcut to get help?
2. Flipboard is an application / a game / a font / a website.
3. Which company uses the tagline - ‘Ideas for Life’?
4. Which company makes the Playbook tablet?
5. What is the country code domain for Japan?
1. What is the Windows keyboard shortcut to select all the
2. Wordpress is an application / a game / a font / a website?
3. Which company uses the tagline - ‘Make.Believe’?
4. Which company makes the One series of smartphones?
5. Which is the country code domain for France?
1. What is the Windows keyboard shortcut to refresh?
2. Asphalt is an application / a game / a font / a website.
3. Which company uses the tagline ‘Nothing Like Anything’?
4. Which company makes the NetConnect wireless data
5. Where would you find the letters ZXCVBNM?
1. What is the Windows keyboard shortcut to switch to
another open application?
2. CNet is an application / a game / a font / a website.
3. Which is the country code domain for Sri Lanka?
4. Which company makes the Vaio range of laptops?
5. Which popular media player has an orange pylon as its
1. What is the Windows keyboard shortcut to insert a
2. Lucida is an application/ a game / a font / a website.
3. Which company uses the tagline - ‘The Online Megastore’?
4. Which company makes the Optimus range of smartphones?
5. What are Opera, Mosaic and Navigator?
1. What is the Windows keyboard shortcut to show the
2. Bing is an application / a game / a font / a website.
3. Which company uses the tagline - ‘Connecting People’?
4. Which company makes the Radeon series of graphic
5. Where would you find the text - ‘Slide to Unlock’?
5. Wi Fi