" Diletto Carnation " ice-cream business proposal for Walls Presentation
Presented to : Navaid Ali Khan
Presented By: Omair Amir
Pakistan in 1948.
Now operating six
INTRODUCTION TO WALL’S
1 - Its philosophy
is to be an
pleasure: “a day
is a day lost.”
2 - Wall’s is sold
in more than 40
it the most
3 - Unilever is the global leader of ice cream manufacturing with almost 18% of the
global market share.
4 - The heart
1999. The heart
brand logo is
common to every
country and has
come to be
COW’S MILK ICE CREAM
• Introducing an exciting new walls brand “Diletto Carnation” which is made
for every person of a family.
• Ingredients which are solely from cow’s milk have only to offers benefits to
their customers which is healthier than ever provided in an ice-cream
• means it can be consumed my diabetic patients due to its extremely low
sugar level in the milk
Diletto Carnation initially is going to offer three of the most common and
highly demanded flavors in the market
“WE HELP PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD MEET EVERYDAY NEEDS FOR
NUTRITION, HYGIENE AND WELLBEING, WITH BRANDS THAT HELP PEOPLE
LOOK GOOD, FEEL GOOD AND GET MORE OUT OF LIFE.”
• VICE PRESIDENT MARKETING
• VICE PRESIDENT SALES
SHEHROZ AHMED ADIL
• NATIONAL ACCOUNTS MANAGER
• REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
“VITALITY IS AT THE HEART OF EVERYTHING WE DO. IT'S IN OUR BRANDS, OUR
PEOPLE AND OUR APPROACH TO BUSINESS.”
THE ORGANIZATION HIERARCHY
Navid Ali Khan
• GROWTH STRATEGY
For growth, company should have a higher technology system compared to its
competitors; our unique product of cow’s milk has a competitive edge
over its competitors on the basis of nutritions and quality
• RENEWAL STRATEGIES
Renewal strategies would be considered, such as renewing the product with
shapes and characteristics and continuing the consistency in taste and
• MANAGING AND EVALUATION OF STRATEGIES
Managing and evaluation of strategies will be very crucial as the product is
unique and might be possible of a competition in the future if not
captured the market strongly with the new range of products.
To create awareness about the product, generate
maximum sales and enter the mass market by
Niche market i.e. upper and upper middle class, is
the initial target on basis of health to gain market
Movenpick and Hagendaz.
Omore and Hico.
• Financially strong
• Can be consumed by sugar patients.
• Renown Brand
• Caters to every age group.
• Low level of demand internationally
• Targeting a limited market
• Hico is making full cream buffalo ice cream that has a similar taste.
• Major competitors such as movenpick and hagendaz capture a big market share of our target
• Increase range of products.
• A change in population, an increase in population
• Awareness is increasing and people becoming more health conscious
• Chocolate flavor
• Vanilla flavor
• Regular flavor
• Initially high priced as we are targeting the niche.
• With regular walls products (territory management)
• Specialized packaging to keep it hygienically safe.
• Celebrity endorsement
• Point of sale displays
• Sales rep near ice cream stands
The sales plan will include continuous
modification as the product upwards in its life
It also involves, sales force and personal sellers
to work in to coordination with the marketing
department as a primary source of information
for market condition.
Sales objective consist of setting quotas for each
sales team and the focus will be on improving
skills and productivity through training.
We will be more focused on territory
management, training and retention of workers.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Training is provided on
• when a new product launch
is up coming
• refresher courses for new
• training in the form of
All levels of employees
receive more or less the
same amount of annual
• A slightly greater amount of
significance will be given to
Retention is a major
aspect that needs to be
• product our sales initially
would be low so we will
motivate the employees by
giving them non monetary
• more time to achieve sales
• allocate more sales budget
COMPENSETION AND SALARY
Salary is on the basis of a fixed salary and commission
for this new product launch we will set the salary high and low
commission as there would be few customer at the
We wish to retain the sales person by giving them a probation
period of 6 months rather than a warning and laying them off.
1. HIGH TURNOVER RATE AT THE LOWER LEVEL IN THE
2. LACK OF INTEREST BY NEW ENTRANTS
PAST SALES RECORDS
We would be keeping our past sales record on board but this is totally a
new product so initially it might be difficult but later on after a quarter
we will be able to get to a proper prediction method.
SALES FORCE COMPOSITE
Sales force market study is very important and if they are in the market
but the sales manager who are doing the desk job do not amount
much from the sales force in the field as they consider there opinion
inferior but in our product it will be very important.
PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE
Forecasting as per product life cycle is very important as it is the basis
of forecasting because it tells us how much demands required at what
Economic conditions are directly linked to sales forecasting such as if
there is inflation in the economy, prices of the product would shoot
which will lower sales number. Therefore economic situation of
country helps to forecast sales for a particular region.
ORGANIZING OF THE SALES FORCE
• PHASE I: RECRUITING (WEEKS 1-6)
• Where phase 1 is getting the sales force familiar with their work,
working environment, organization’s structure and later promoting
top performers. Market and management training is given
throughout. The first two week consist of making the recruits aware
of the product in depth analysis by providing all the details, the
second two week are all about management training means all the
work of indoors and finally the last two week consists of the outdoor
training as marketing the products in front end consumers.
• PHASE II (WEEK 6 AND BEYOND)
• In the second phase which starts after the first 6 weeks is the
probation period in which we evaluate the new recruits and selects
them for indoor jobs as management and outdoor jobs as field
managers. Eventually after this is will be all about following and
growing with the same procedure, as our company does not support
the notion “salespeople are born not made”.
• Training is conducted regularly to keep staff up to date
and motivated we usually have training sessions and
for this product we will have workshops conducted on
information basis. Our staff is very well focused on
sales and quiet good at achieving their targets.
• As this Diletto Carnation is a new product so we prefer
internal salesperson to conduct training in order to
keep secret till its launch.
• Internal employees for training are chosen because of
containment of the new brand a secret from the
market as well as competitors than that its employees
who are well aware of the company’s culture and
trend to set-up a new breed in new recruitments of
FORMAL SALES PROGRAM
• We answer four critical questions through our formal sales training:
• • Which sales people should be trained, and at what points in
• He/she should train others once they are matured members of the
• • What should the training program cover
• Stress reduction n motivate to work hard.
• • How should the training be done
• On the job, in the organization.
• • Who should train salespeople, and where does training fit into
• People within organization
“ WHICH SALES PEOPLE SHOULD BE TRAINED
AND AT WHAT POINT”
TRAINING NEW SALES PEOPLE:
• Unilever have great amount of salesperson on board
and we prefer to retain them so we are less likely to
hire new sales person. But if we need to hire new sales
person we would give them on the job training rather
then off the job.
• WHO SHOULD TRAIN SALES PEOPLE AND WHERE
DOES IT FIT IN OUR ORGANIZATION?
• Training would usually be done by existing employees
of top management and the best sales person as they
are the ones who have the maximum amount of
knowledge about there customer.
RETRAINING EXPERIENCED SALESPEOPLE
WHAT SHOULD THE TRAINING PROGRAM COVER?
Our training program consists of 4 main things which are
delivered to the employees in our training sessions:
• Information on Health and nutrition benefits
• About milk related allergies
• Selling skills for a unique posh product
• Attitudes which the employees should have
EVALUATION OF THE SALES FORCE
• Evaluation would be done on the basis of
achievement of sales quota.
• Retention of large customers.
• Considering all the new order achieved by the
• Retaining old customer.
There are 2 main strategies that walls have used very efficiently and effectively;
• PUSH STRATEGIES
2 campaigns including vast advertisement that reminds and persuades the buyers
which is facilitated by price offs which are offered by the company on a frequent
• PULL STRATEGIES
Providing a lot of incentives for the distributers like free deep freezers, free shop
boards and major discounts on bulk purchases.
Sales Promotional Strategies
Walls has been doing a number of sales promotional actibities and
• Cycling system: started it as a system of awareness, later it was
modified for sales promotion as it proved very helpful in terms of
promotion and sales.
• Discount coupons: launch of low price products.
• Discount and offering: 5% discount in off season.
• An ice cream pricing strategy should communicate to customers
whether your products are accessible comfort food or treats for
• Some customers will select a brand of ice cream because of its low
price while others will be drawn to a higher-priced product because
of their perception that cost correlates with quality.
• The choice of how to price your ice cream will reflect the type of
customer you wish to attract.
• Hence as we cater to upper middle and middle class market, the
price of our product would be relatively higher than a average ice
cream price of of hico and omore, but less than movenpick and
Social And Cultural Factors
• Most of the targeted population is upper middle and middle class who are
potential customers of walls ice cream. Thus the scope is high of the
• On cultural festivals and occasions walls offers many new schemes and
coupons for customers,
lucky draws are done to attract customer,
most of the promotion is done considering the cultural values and events
are organized which reflect the culture and social outlook of our country.
We are targeting a niche market our sales force is competent
enough and well aware of their cream market and will reach
People who are health conscious will be attracted towards the
product and a pull will be created and in a year time we will
be able to launch the product into the mass market and at
fairly competitive rates.