A sincere discussion around
the problem space. Not a
The number of interviews per week, per founder needed to develop deep expertise.
Sample Interview questions that lead to an open ended conversation
1. State the top 3 problems
2. Ask customer to prioritize problems and identify any higher priority problems
3. Have customer describe how they solve the problem today
4. Very briefly describe how you might solve the problem
5. Ask Customer whether your approach would solve their problem
6. Would they use your solution if it were free?
7. Would they pay $X/yr?
8. Ask for referrals to other customers
Build a Framework
Model personas that map to real customer problems.
Create solutions for those problems. Test each solution.
Hypothesis: Customers want to feel
prepared to connect their laptops to
Convention centers: False.
Presenters: Partially true.
Without Product-Market Fit, you can’t complete the puzzle.
What did we skip?
Expensive Market analysis
Is this Just for
Enterprise | Foundation | Govt
Process Improvement Intel WiDi Widget
Specified with Customer Discovery
Developed using Lean practices
Is this Just for Web?
Internet of Things