1. First, realize that you ARE a subject matter expert.
2. Know your market.
3. Search via hashtags and alerts.
4. Know that how you write your tweets is just as important as
what you are tweeting
5. Elevate your peers.
6. Develop good taste!
7. Become a valued resource to your community
8. Be the good news channel
9. Know "when" to tweet.
10.Curate Twitter lists that others will want to follow.
• Don’t comment on company policy send the message to social
• Don’t respond to reporters and send message to Dir. PR
• Move all conversations about complaints to email or phone
after replying on Twitter
• No negative tweets ever from official IDs (not even about the
weather alerts excepted)
• Politics, Religion, controversies to be avoided
• All employee rules and guidelines are applicable
• No pictures of employees and alcohol
• Ask permission before you take pictures/videos
Digital Marketing, Customer Experience and
Analytics Leader, Small Business Speaker and
Adjunct Professor – Georgetown University
Washington Business Journal | Washingtonian
Magazine Tech Titan 2009 & 2011 | Small Business
Influencer 2011 & 2012 Champion | Winner of the 2012
Minority Business Leader Awards| AmEx Open
Forum | Featured in 16 Books
Follow On Twitter: @shashib