1. A server-class PC with a Pentium* or higher processor.
2. A VGA or higher resolution display adapter (SVGA
3. 550 MB of available disk space (50 MB for a boot partition,
500 MB for a NetWare partition).
4. 64 MB of RAM (128 MB recommended to run Java*-based
5.One or more network boards.
6. A CD-ROM drive
A PS/2* or serial mouse is recommended, but not required
1. DOS 3.3 or later (DOS 7 is included the NetWare 5License)
2. DOS CD-ROM drivers.
3. NetWare 5 Operating System CD-ROM.
4. NetWare 5 License diskette.
5. Novell Client for DOS and Windows 3.1x
6. An IP address
STEP1. Back up any desired data to another
computer or off-line storage media.
STEP2. If the computer already has an operating
system installed, such as Windows, you
should completely remove the operating
STEP3. Boot your computer with DOS 3.3 or later.
You can boot from the NetWare 5 License diskette. DOS 7 and all
required DOS utilities are included on the diskette. Do not use the version
of DOS that ships with Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows NT
STEP4. Use FDISK to create a 50MB active DOS
partition by typing FDISK. (Create a
primary DOS partition, and make it the active
The computer will restart.
STEP5. Format and transfer DOS system files to the
partition by changing to CDROM DRIVE
LETTER: and typing FORMAT C: /S.
STEP6. Install the DOS CD-ROM driver for your
CD-ROM device onto the boot partition.
DOS CD-ROM drivers are provided by the
STEP7. Make sure that the config.sys file contains
the following commands:
FILES=40 and BUFFERS=30
STEP8. Insert the NetWare 5 CD-ROM.
STEP9. At the CD-ROM drive or network drive Prompt,
STEP10. Select the Language and Accept the License
Press F10 to accept the License Agreement.