• Following on from lesson 1; share your
research action plan making sure you outline
how you will explore/research/investigate
your chosen topic
• Everyone else be prepared to share your own
thoughts i.e. what can they do? How? What
methods or techniques? Any artist you would
Write one of the themes in the middle of a sheet of paper. Circle it.
Write down the first word or phrase that comes to mind and circle it.
Draw a line connecting the second circle to the first.
Repeat. As you write and circle new words and phrases, draw lines
back to the last word, the central word, or other words that seem
connected. Don’t worry about how they’re connected
When you’ve filled the page, cross out words and phrases that seem
irrelevant, and begin to impose some order by numbering individual
bubbles or clusters.
Use the remaining words or phrases to form the outline of a basic
ideas shoot. The ones you numbered first are the ones that you
should focus on.
• Next lesson will see you test these ideas out with an informal shoot so
• Homework - take your mind maps home and illustrate
with appropriate images. Bring back to class for next
lesson. Repeat for another theme if you wish
• You have two minutes to write down (silently)
one thing you learned about two of the
• You will then share this with the class and
write down at least one other thing someone
else has learned.