Presentation for the Netspeed 2012 Conference in Edmonton, AB.
Brief abstract: Often, one-on-one instruction is not the most efficient nor enjoyable
method of helping your staff or community learn more about technology. And as Ereaders, tablet computers, smartphones and other gadgets grow in number and type
library staff need to have ways of addressing questions about these devices.
Whether you are a highly tech-skilled library or feel a bit behind the times, this
hands-on workshop is designed to help you best serve your community’s needs.
This session will:
• Help you assess your staff or community’s needs
• Help you decide the best teaching option for each kind of audience or device
• Give you a working knowledge of a number of popular devices
• Suggest ways to evaluate your programs
• Give you an opportunity to discuss ideas and opportunities with other attendees