The Web is HUGE!!!
There are over 1.8 Billion active websites on the web.
• 43% of the top 1 million websites are hosted in USA itself.
• 48% of the top 100 blogs/websites run on WordPress.
• 672 Exabytes - 672,000,000,000 Gigabytes (GB) of accessible data.
Implications of a Hacked Site
• SEO rankings wrecked
• Loss of customer trust
• Visitors exposed to malware
• Hours of time wasted assessing & repairing damage
• Loss of sales/money
Types of Attacks
• Web Trolls
• Ability for mass exposure
• Big Enterprises
• Usually worth the time and energy
invested to compromise
• Done for bigger returns
Top 5 WordPress Infections
• Difficult to detect via http
• Good time to start crying
• Pharma Attacks
• Owners usually detect
• Now shamefully selling viagra or some other drug
• Think fake Anti-virus downloads
• You’re now supporting a rebel army
• Malicious Redirects
Know Your Environment
• What kind of security does your host use?
• What will they do if your site gets hacked?
• Will they fix it?
• Will they shut it down?
If server management isn’t your thing, use a managed